Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Binoculars?

Old 09-06-2007, 05:28 PM

Default Binoculars?

A friend of mine called me to ask which binoculars to buy for hunting out west.He said money is no object ,he said he wants to spoil himself. I said how would I know ,I can't affort to look at the top of the line . I have 10x40 leupold and would not recommend them to anyone.I love their scopes and spotters but not their b nocks. So I'll take any advice and pass it on. Thanks.

[/align]
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Spike

Default RE: Binoculars?

I just went thru this a few months ago. After checking around, comparing, and lamenting, I ultimately settled on a pair of Swarovski 10x SLC. The SLC is heavier than the EL, but the glass is now the same. Lieca was a close second, and Ziess was a distant third as their quality seems to have deminished in the later models. That is my choice for guiding both archery and rifle hunts out west.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Solid advise
Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 PM

I have to disagree. You can't just trash one of the better US companies and consider it Gopel. What kind of Leupold binoculars did you use? For top of the line and as goods as those foreign companies, try the Golden Ring Series.
Old 09-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

If price isn't an option Swaro EL's (to my eye's). Lieca's are nice and the Geovid model has the built in range finder whichwould behandy for hunting in open terrain where shots vary, though their lifetime warranty isn't transferable like Swaro and Zeiss.

If the upper level isn't what he really wants to spend then have him take aboo at the Minox HG's.While they aren't quite up to the big 3's, they do offer a very nice view for the dollar.

Call or Email Doug at http://www.cameralandny.com/.
Old 09-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

A friend of mine called me to ask which binoculars to buy for hunting out west.He said money is no object ,he said he wants to spoil himself. I said how would I know ,I can't affort to look at the top of the line . I have 10x40 leupold and would not recommend them to anyone.I love their scopes and spotters but not their b nocks. So I'll take any advice and pass it on. Thanks.

What is wrong with the 10x40 Leupold? I do not have them but I looked at them in the past and they would be on my short list if I was in the market for binoc.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought I had seen good binocs until I looked thru the Swarovskis. There is no comparison imo (as long as price is no problem). Leopold golden rings are much better than other leopold products when it comes to binocs and spotting scopes.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

About ten yrs ago my wife and s on bought me a pair of Nikon Buckmaster 8x25 (I think). I keep them in my pickup for instant use as I travel a lot. And of course I use them every hunt season. She uses them often as well wehn hunting. As a veteran of only a few pair of binos in my whole life I have to admit these are the best I have ever owned. So much so that I am inthe gradual process of switching all my scopes to Nikons. And I am shoppping now for two more pair of suitable Nikon binosin the 10x50 range. For what it's worth...
Old 09-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Swarskis are the best. They all look good through the store window but at the end of a long day the ruskies really shine.
So good, should be illegal.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I would go with the Swarvski 10 X 42EL or 10 X 50EL. Pretty lite to carry and some of the best optics in the world.

Quick Reply: Binoculars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.