Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 if you ever wanted to hunt moose in Alaska better read this!!! >

if you ever wanted to hunt moose in Alaska better read this!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

if you ever wanted to hunt moose in Alaska better read this!!!

Old 08-18-2007, 02:17 AM

Default if you ever wanted to hunt moose in Alaska better read this!!!

The State of Alaska is about to kill off one of the best moose herds in Alaska.The unit 20D is fixing to hold a cow moose hunt for 860 cow and calf moose.Most of Alaska today on the road system is void of moose.You can ride a 100 miles and not see a moose in units 13,and 11 below us.The Denali Hwy and the Tok Cutoff and from Tok to the border 250 and from Gleen Allen to Valdez ytou will hardly or not see a moose.The bears and wolves that the fish and game protected ate the moose in these areas.The population of moose in unit 20 D is supose to be 5.6 moose per sq mile and they want to knock it down to 1.6 per sq mile.The reason is that the bio;ogist here wants to ban the use of 4 wheelers andlimit the number of hunters here after he kills off the moose.He has agreed to shut down hunting on Fort Greely here which is 500,000 acres forever after he removes the moose.I havew been hunting for 40 years.I moved to Alaska in this area because of the abundance of moose.Now fish and game wants to reduce them to nothing below huntible numbers.The city of Delta Junction here also is Banning the discharge of firearms in the city and closing our firing range and banning all discharge of firearms.This is a total loss of hunting ,hunters rights and the right to bear arms all in one.I have tried to get a petition started to stop the hunt but I dont think it will help.I have friends who aree farmers who will transplant moose to areasa around this area wqithin 200 miles that have no moose.You cant get a population started with 0 moose.If the bears and wolves are knocked further down and moose are restocked there will be alot more moose to hunt in Alaska for everyone.This is the first hunt ever I wanted stopped.They wiped out our caribou herd below here with subsistance hunts giving out 60,000 either sex permits.You use to see tons of caribou ands moose on the Denali hwy but now iyts a barren waste land.I want to see our kids and their kids able to hunt moose not end it forever.I went to college to be a wild life biologist.I am progun and prohunting all the way.Teddy Roosevelt saved our land on which we hunt upon today and the animals upon which we hunt.Its our turn to help the moose he saved for many generations to come.This is the first thing I have written on this site.I was wondering if yall could help in this matter.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:33 AM

Default RE: if you ever wanted to hunt moose in Alaska better read this!!!

No doubt we all would liketo help here, but youare going to have to let me know what a non resident can do from half a world away to help. More than happy to do what I can.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:55 PM

I have tried alot of hunting groups with no help.I dont know exactly who can help.I called the Teddy Roosevelt Foundation without any help.I dont know what hunting group will help.I tried a online petition.I guess I will a door to door here petition.Its not agood thing for the moose or us.I always rely on these moose for meat not just for sport.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

let us know what we can do to help because that is terrible
Old 08-19-2007, 09:09 PM

Wow that is complete BS! That makes no sense at all. If you could use any help from a Canuck let me know.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:34 PM

If they do that, where will all those hungry predators go for food? Taking out the trash could get interesting.

I am a TRCP member, I'll check with them to see what can be done.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:30 AM
Fork Horn

I bet ole Uncle Ted Nugent would like to hear this one.

[email protected]
Old 08-20-2007, 08:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

You may also contact the American Hunter magazine thus the NRA.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: dgr416

The city of Delta Junction here also is Banning the discharge of firearms in the city and closing our firing range and banning all discharge of firearms.This is a total loss of hunting ,hunters rights and the right to bear arms all in one.
I would really like to hear how you think you are losing the right to bear arms just because you aren't allowed to discharge them inside city limits anymore?

I will pass this information onto my dad next week when I go up to see him and do some moose hunting myself.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Weres the out cry from the people in your area?......what happened to picketing? you can make a congressman real nervous if you get real midevil on his rear.......
Brett

Quick Reply: if you ever wanted to hunt moose in Alaska better read this!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.