Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 .460 weatherby for antelope? >

.460 weatherby for antelope?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

.460 weatherby for antelope?

Old 08-19-2007, 09:36 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: .460 weatherby for antelope?

Probably enough.
458 Lott worked resoundingly well on elk.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:19 PM

How can you think much less type with your tongue jammed into your cheek like that?

Actually, the .460 is my preferred round. Don't even have to hit them . . . the shock waves knock them down!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:56 PM

The .460 actually works pretty well for putting in ground blinds. Lob a couple of them in the general area you want the blind, then just build up and around the crater.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:30 AM

What is the reason for creating such a blatantly ignorant thread?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:02 AM

why do you have to be such a killjoy. YOu ever stop to think, though obvious to everybody who made a post here, that this guy REALLY DIDN"T KNOW??????

Or, just maybe, he did, and this was just meant to be a little fun. Quite possibly, the kinda new guy trying to make a little joke here.

Forthread starter, at first I was saying Naval gunfire, but I am not sure that is enough either. Evidently the guy in the previous post thinks that the .460 Weatherby isENTIRELY TO SMALLfor the task. Mightneed a
B-52 bomberto take the antelope
Old 08-20-2007, 06:34 AM

ORIGINAL: kdvollmer

why do you have to be such a killjoy. YOu ever stop to think, though obvious to everybody who made a post here, that this guy REALLY DIDN"T KNOW??????

Or, just maybe, he did, and this was just meant to be a little fun. Quite possibly, the kinda new guy trying to make a little joke here.

Forthread starter, at first I was saying Naval gunfire, but I am not sure that is enough either. Evidently the guy in the previous post thinks that the .460 Weatherby isENTIRELY TO SMALLfor the task. Mightneed a
B-52 bomberto take the antelope
When you have been around as many forums as I have, you will find that threads like this are not funny at all, in fact, they take away from serious discussions. Anybody who knows anything about guns, knows that a .460 Weatherby is a ridiculous gun to take antelope hunting, the rifle is heavy, and the trajectory of the cartridge makes it hard to hit past 200 yards, then again, it makes a better antelope cartridge then the ridiuclously, but I don't expect you to know that, you have already shown a lot of ignorance around me, and you seem to lack the knowledge to give an intelligent answer of any kind.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:01 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

"....What is the reason for creating such a blatantly ignorant thread?"
Generally, itprovides a free ticket to never-never-land and helps assuage the angst....
Old 08-20-2007, 07:16 AM

BEARTOOTH:
You really seemed to miss the point there.

This guy really didn't know. This guy asked an honest question here. Somewhere during your shooting life, you learned that this .460 would be just a little bigfor this game. Everybody starts somewhere. The Thread started began here. Instead of making fun of the really how did you put it "blatently ignorant thread" maybe share some of that other knowledge. Weight of gun, trajectory...etc. the rest of know it is too big, but maybe not ALL the specifics.

Yeah, I think the rest of us fully understand that it is a BIG HEAVY GUN. And some might even know that it is a gunwith lousy trajectory past 200 yds. And yes, we all know it is overkill for antelope. You really have a problem jumping on th eback of some new folks that dont have the same experience.

As far as taking away from serious discussions. NOTHING IS MAKING YOU READ THIS!!!. If you don't like it, then don't read it. But obviously, you thought that it was important enough to answer the first time, and then a second time, and I am going to bet a third time too. SO LIGHTEN UP ON THE GUY WHO DIDN"T KNOW, BUT WHO WAS SMART ENOUGH TO ASK, AND LIGHTEN UP ON EVERBODY ELSE THAT GAVE HIM SOME CRAZY ANSWER TO LET HIM KNOW in a bit of a fun way.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Take it to the range first and fire a few dozen rounds off the bench with no extra recoil protection. THEN if you still want to use it, be my guest.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:02 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

"....This guy really didn't know."
And how do you know this?
Did he admit it somewhere?

I'm thinking it was most likely posted intentionally for the purpose of just watching folkshowl and dance....

"Gee, with just this minor action on my part, I've created this self-perpetuating disturbance."

Quick Reply: .460 weatherby for antelope?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.