Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Jack Hume adventures ... caribou??? >

Jack Hume adventures ... caribou???

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Jack Hume adventures ... caribou???

Old 08-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Spike

Default Jack Hume adventures ... caribou???

Anybody use this outfit? Any experience good or bad would be great to hear. Any other caribou suggestions are welcome.
thanks,
Will
Old 08-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jack Hume adventures ... caribou???

I spoke with a group while sitting in the Schefferville airport that hunted with Jack Hume and they told me that they literally did not see one caribou all week. I would highly recommend Norpaq Adventures. Great outfit, great people, fantastic service, and they have a number of camps that they will put hunters in depending on where the caribou happen to be at any given time.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Huntingson spoke with one group of hunters from one camp.. When I was in Schefflerville last year the first week of September, things were just the opposite..All of Hume's camps were tagging out and many hunters using some other outfitters were coming up empty...It's possible to draw a blank on any hunt...That's the nature of hunting and especially withmigratory species like caribou that might be here one day and gone the next...

I hunted with Jack Hume last year and I was impressed...It was not my first hunt for caribou..I had hunted them previously in Alaska, Quebec and Northwest Territories..

Hume is a first rate outfit...He has lots of camps and has the resources ( aka airplanes and employees) to move hunters around to get them into animals.. The outfit is very well organized and his help is competent...

I have a friend that has hunted nine times with Jack Hume and has always had good hunts..That kind of repeat business speaks for itself..

If the animals aren't in your outfitter's area and aren't moving, it's possible to come up empty regardless of who you are using... I think that with Hume, your chances of having a dissapointing hunt are much LESS than with some other outfits... Don't be afraid to book a hunt with Jack Hume...

BTW..Norpaq is probably and excellent outfit also..I have never used them, but have never heard anything negative about them...Another one I've heard lots of good things about is Tuttilik..
Old 08-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pygmy, that is good to hear. I'm glad to know that he isn't just stealing people's money. Those guys made it sound that way, but as you said, that was ONE group.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have met Richard Hume and I liked him. Seemed to be an honest guy. When I was looking to book for this fall, it was down to him and Tuttulik and I wound up choosing Tuttulik. I heard a lot of good things about Hume but again I felt a little better with Tuttulik. We'll see in 31 days.....
Old 08-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

I hunted with Tuttulik last year and it was incredible. When I was looking my 2 final choices where Hume, and Tuttulik. Dont believe you can go wrong with either outfit. We took 24 bulls with 12 guys and 17 of the 24 where taken with bow. Many book bulls it was a hunt of a lifetime and I will be going back.

Blackheel,

Let me know how your trip goes!!!! I wish I was going with you.

Don