Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Sheep hunters

Old 08-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Sheep hunters

Sorry Guys,

Us BC residents know we live in sheep heaven. British Columbia has Bighorn, California Bighorn (poor mans desert sheep) Stones and Dalls. I believe all sheep still OTC and a tag goes for 50. bucks.
I know life ain't fair.
Bye the way aqauarcher, I have worked around Similkamene, also Shulaps -9 mile ridge, also Marble range etc and know a few honey holes for Calis.......just need some time off. Never the less very nice rams in the photos, look like some of the Big Bar bunch.
Thanks for sharing. Hopin the sheep hunters are enjoyin themselves right now.
tz
Old 08-03-2007, 12:05 AM

Good Luck on the hunt!.....Im almost willing to bet this Cali ram came from the area you took the pics at........Vassaux Lake.?!!!

Old 08-03-2007, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

great pictures there agaucher, good luck.

Hemi, as always, great ram

Now, the part where I'm confused. Hemi, didn't you have to draw for that tag? Yet tango, keeps mentioning $50 otc. Was the area you were in just a much better "permit area"?? Thanks. I've got to decide where to move to ya know
hb
Old 08-03-2007, 10:30 AM

$50 OTC sheep tags.......[:@]

That seals it, I think I'm going to have to hate you!

You guys are living my dream!
Old 08-03-2007, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

I can clarify things - in BC there are wildlife management units that are open to all but dalls. We have 4 species in BC, dalls require a draw. Mixed in and amongst those open units are closed units that require draws, like the area that hemi took his ram in.

Hemi - those are kamloops rams, closed and will never be hunted. Several of those sheep I took pics of would go within the top 5 B&C if killed.
You should send me an email to [email protected] - I am heading down your way this fall elk hunting we could grab a coffee. Still living down towards bridesville? Did you end up getting any more rams? I know you were off after them a couple years ago...

Old 08-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck on your sheep hunt aquarcher, headed to 6 or 7?
Seems to me there are still dalls open just west of Atlin, if all dalls now on draw must be fairly new (5 years ?) or am I just slow?
Old 08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Typical Buck

Seems to me you guys should get together for a stone hunt.
tz

ORIGINAL: agaucher

I can clarify things - in BC there are wildlife management units that are open to all but dalls. We have 4 species in BC, dalls require a draw. Mixed in and amongst those open units are closed units that require draws, like the area that hemi took his ram in.

Hemi - those are kamloops rams, closed and will never be hunted. Several of those sheep I took pics of would go within the top 5 B&C if killed.
You should send me an email to [email protected] - I am heading down your way this fall elk hunting we could grab a coffee. Still living down towards bridesville? Did you end up getting any more rams? I know you were off after them a couple years ago...

Old 08-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry Shato and Hillbilly,
I just checked the regs and otc BC res sheep tags ...............ARE NOW 60. BUCKS I sure hate inflation. You can google BC hunting regs and check yourself. Check resident hunting linkand if you have time check out region 7b for amazing hunt opportunities. Your sheep tag allows you to hunt either Bighorn (Rocky mtn or California)or Thinhorn sheep (stone or dall).

Old 08-03-2007, 03:13 PM

I have been hunting/guiding desert sheep in AZ for almost 20 yrs now. It is simply the most addictive animal on earth.
Travis
Southwest Hunting Adventures.com
Old 08-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Fork Horn

Tang

Dalls are all on LEH, as the only pure dalls can be found west of bennett lake BC. The 'dalls' east of bennet lake, although white, are mostly fannin. A cross breed between a stone and dall. these sheep cannot be considered dalls for grand slam, and they are on GOS.

Quick Reply: Sheep hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.