Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC >

Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

Old 07-13-2007, 08:23 AM

Default RE: Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

This pic has been around, cause its been on the wall here in Idaho, and was posted along time ago, so some one is circulating it as there own, and I know it wasnt taken in SC, because I have seen the original.....
Brett
Old 07-13-2007, 08:35 AM

Hey! I took this pic from my digital cam while Snipe hunting in Texas...
Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow... I'm really gettin the smack down on this pic being a fake. I'm startin to think they fooled me... But no matter what, there are big cats in SC. I've heard too many times, from game wardens and hunters alike, that a few preside at the weapons station. One game warden even told me that a deer hunter harvested one, but I think that would be in newspapers across the state.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 PM

Im not putting the smack down brother, Just making sure the wool isnt pulled over your head, just lookin out for ya. I have never been to SC so I wouldnt know about the cat situation.
Brett
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Fork Horn

haha Chris I was actually fooled by this picture one time too.
It's up in the gun shop beside my house. The owner told me that it was taken on a strip mine in my home county here in WV. But after gettin to lookin at it I noticed that wasn't a whitetail. but don't feel bad man, I was fooled by it at one time too. I"ll be the first to admit that lol
Old 07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, no. Don't get me wrong! No offense when I said I was gettinthe smack down. I'm just glad I wasn't the only one fooled. Lookin at the deer, yall are right. Not a whitetail. The rump is different, and the ears are large like a mulies. I guess before I just didn't want to believe that this wasn't in SC!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 AM

Ya you can see the tail is a mulie, and the cat is kinda small and linky.
Brett
Old 07-14-2007, 12:49 PM
Typical Buck

Definately not a whitetail. I could 100% say that at least. I dont know about the reality of the pic but doesnt look real.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

I'm sure alot of people are fooled by this pic. It's too bad that in the digital age we can't believe anything we see anymore. It used to be so hard to fake a picture, now anyone can do it. One more thing about the cat. I have to believe that if this were a real pic, the cat would be on top of that deer. Sure they can stalk within range to make a kill, but in this situation the cat is well within range and he still appears to be just lolly-gagging, no body posture evident that he intends to strike.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

I'll add one more giveaway- the trees. Southern Yellow Pines (loblolly, pond, slash, etc.) don't typically grow the drooping branches that can be seen in the background trees.

There was an outfitter here that had a pic of a mulie in velvet that had a plant that looked like our sea oats that grow on the sand dunes. He would tell people he took the picture on the beach and had lots fooled for a while....

Quick Reply: Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.