Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Colorado's Pronghorn Draw results are up.. >

Colorado's Pronghorn Draw results are up..

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Colorado's Pronghorn Draw results are up..

Old 06-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Colorado's Pronghorn Draw results are up..

Here's a link

https://wildlife.state.co.us/Hunting/BigGame/DrawResultsAndPrefPoints/

my daughter and I both drew our buck tags....
Old 06-12-2007, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Colorado's Pronghorn Draw results are up..

cool,what unit? i didnt draw mine for the fourth straight year but it takes 7 years to draw a buck and now i have 4 pp Good Luck
Old 06-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy from KS. and I both drew for buck in 105. Took four pp's.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Missed out agin...have 5 pp's now!![:@]
Old 06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Howler

Wow! Howler, that is a lot of points for 105, I use to hunt 105 a lot and at the most it would take 1 point. Point creep in Colorado is horrible on antelope and it's getting worse every year. You should look into hunting WY too.

Goosehunter, what unit are ya trying for?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may have to do with the fact that my buddy only had 3 PP's, and we put in as a group so that we could hunt together. In the past, I have been archery hunting the same area with the OTC archery tags, and my buddy also did one year, BUT there's one buck in particular that we'd like to get and we figured rifle tags would be our best chance of getting him. He's probably only a 12" or 13" buck, but one horn leans forward at about a 45 degree angle.
I've thought about doing a DIY antelope in WY., but since I can get archery OTC close to home, that's what I've stuck to so far. I assume you go to WY. on DIY hunts for antelope? Rifle or archery? Success rate for ya?
I have a freind that owns a couple thousand acres in 105 also, I don't hunt on his place, BUT he has a couple of kids and a few friends that all apply for tags, and they rarely get more than 2, sometimes 3 tags per year. Kind of sucks for him since he owns the land and can't hardly get tags to hunt on it any more.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Fork Horn

It may have to do with the fact that my buddy only had 3 PP's, and we put in as a group so that we could hunt together. In the past, I have been archery hunting the same area with the OTC archery tags, and my buddy also did one year, BUT there's one buck in particular that we'd like to get and we figured rifle tags would be our best chance of getting him. He's probably only a 12" or 13" buck, but one horn leans forward at about a 45 degree angle.
I've thought about doing a DIY antelope in WY., but since I can get archery OTC close to home, that's what I've stuck to so far. I assume you go to WY. on DIY hunts for antelope? Rifle or archery? Success rate for ya?
I have a freind that owns a couple thousand acres in 105 also, I don't hunt on his place, BUT he has a couple of kids and a few friends that all apply for tags, and they rarely get more than 2, sometimes 3 tags per year. Kind of sucks for him since he owns the land and can't hardly get tags to hunt on it any more.
IMHO, landowners should be assured to get tags to hunt their own land, if they have a stable population of that specific species. They feed them and they should be able to hunt them.

I usually hunt Wyoming each year, DIY sometime public and sometimes I'll hunt a friend's ranch. I haven't hunted with a bow yet for antelope and with a rifle we have always filled our tags. The best areas that are publicare a little harder to draw a buck tag, but many areas have reduced priced doe tags and it's actually cheaper for us to hunt in WY with those reduced priced doe tags as a NR than it is to hunt here in Colorado as a resident. If you apply in March for a buck tag in Wyoming, they have many units that you're guaranteed to draw a buck tag.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: *Hiker*

Wow! Howler, that is a lot of points for 105, I use to hunt 105 a lot and at the most it would take 1 point. Point creep in Colorado is horrible on antelope and it's getting worse every year. You should look into hunting WY too.

Used to be 87 but this last time it was 3. I talked to a DOW officer the other day and she told me they cut the lope tags by a 1/3....due to past drought conditions.....but she did say the number are getting better and maybe that wil bring the tag numbers back up. I too go to WY for them...never been denied yet.