Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

hunting business for sale

Old 04-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Default hunting business for sale

600 sq. mile outfitting business for sale. hunt elk, whitetail,muledeer, blackbear,cougar,lynx,bobcat &wolf. Camp on lakeshore,equipment included. $500,000US. call 250-417-7344 or 775-273-0530
Old 04-08-2007, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting business for sale

i find that price hard to believe
Old 04-09-2007, 05:27 PM

no thats about right, you just forgot to tell you that you don't own the land! and that you have to pay the land owners $30,000.00 each every year for your lease to hunt! so....30,000.00 divided by say 15 hunters=$2000.00 per hunter just to pay the lease. then add the cost to actualy(sp) pay loan on 1/2 million. another $50,000.00 per year. i would say you would have to charge about $5000.00 per deer/antelope combo hunt.
hope you can find 15 suckers every year![:-]
Old 04-09-2007, 06:39 PM

600 sq. mile outfitting business for sale. hunt elk, whitetail,muledeer, blackbear,cougar,lynx,bobcat & wolf. Camp on lakeshore,equipment included. $500,000 US. call 250-417-7344 or 775-273-0530
No the reality is that is about close to what it costs! I have owned part of an outfitting business before and I know of several that are for sale at the current moment. Depending on the state, the game for the area, the list of available equipment and the past customer list this business could very well be worth that price. For that price I am assuming that there are horses, tack, tents, trucks and equipment included and several set and established camps. Negotiate hard, do your due diligence, and if you need real advise about what it takes, drop me an email!

Old 04-09-2007, 07:16 PM

ORIGINAL: huntinglife

600 sq. mile outfitting business for sale. hunt elk, whitetail,muledeer, blackbear,cougar,lynx,bobcat & wolf. Camp on lakeshore,equipment included. $500,000 US. call 250-417-7344 or 775-273-0530
No the reality is that is about close to what it costs! I have owned part of an outfitting business before and I know of several that are for sale at the current moment. Depending on the state, the game for the area, the list of available equipment and the past customer list this business could very well be worth that price. For that price I am assuming that there are horses, tack, tents, trucks and equipment included and several set and established camps. Negotiate hard, do your due diligence, and if you need real advise about what it takes, drop me an email!

I would agree. I own a hunting and fishing resort now and wish that was all I had to pay for mine.

Old 04-09-2007, 07:35 PM

like i said the bussiness yes, NOT THE LAND! 600 sq. miles???? do you know how many acres that is! at 640 acres per mile! there is no way the land is included!
Old 04-09-2007, 07:41 PM

ORIGINAL: manboy

like i said the bussiness yes, NOT THE LAND! 600 sq. miles???? do you know how many acres that is! at 640 acres per mile! there is no way the land is included!
shhhhhhhhhhhh your ignorance is showing through. [8D]

The land would be a territory that the outfitter has exclusive rights to guide non-residents on. They do not own it.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

At two bucks an acre I'm in! I've got a Ben Franklin with your name on it for 50 acres.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:48 PM

Yes, there is no land involved in most of these deals. Sometimes there is a lodge involved, but if that were the case in this business there would probably be a ton more money involved!

If you really want to know more about the business, Please call or PM the original poster!

If you want a ton of hard work, little pay, a hard living, and some really great moments followed by tons more hard work, then this is a great business for you! I have done it, and I will never be an outfitter again! I enjoyed most of it, but the hard work was not worth the financial pay off for me personally and I was doing the work for a financial gain. Most people do this work for a small financial gain and the lifestyle of their dreams.

If it is your dream pursue it with a passion!

Outfitting for me was an investment and as an investment it a very risky one with very little return on your investment!

There are tons of outfitters out there and the majority of them are mediocre at best. There are some really great ones, and it takes a ton of passion, a strong desire, and some business and common sense to succeed!

I offer consulting to outfitters every day in Sales and Marketing, Web Design and Customer Service!

If you really want to be an outfitter and have the financial means to do so, let me know and I can assist you in finding the right opportunity!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: manboy

hope you can find 15 suckers every year![:-]
I truely dislike that comment. It just isn't fair! I think that its great for you that you live in a state where there is ample oppurtunities to hunt western big game and follow your passion. For some of us, that just isn't the case.

I decided to plan a DIY hunt a few years back. When I got all the number together it was going to cost about $2500 per person for 3 of us to go to colorado. For the 25 bills we where going to be on public land with decent access, you know what that means....lots of other hunters. We wouldn't have any idea where to start looking. I decided that day that it was worth another 2 grand to go with a good outfitter, use his gear, let him cook, use his knowledge of the land, and have agood hunt. Now I can only afford to go every couple of years instead of every year but its worth it to me. Call Me a sucker I guess.

Quick Reply: hunting business for sale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.