Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming! >

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Old 03-30-2007, 03:19 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Yeah, I guess we are going to just have to agree to disagree.

I have one more question though.
What if I don't have a valid hunting licenseand I am not hunting.I'm doing some practicing with my handgun andit happens to be archery season andI happen to be practicing in the woods? Am I doing something wrong or illegal here. Aren't national forrests open to everyoneto use? Honestly who is going to prove one way or the other if I am hunting or not unless I actually attempt to take an animal with the gun? And what if I do have my bow with me? Maybe I want to practice with my broadheads in a real life scenario. How does one proveI was actually hunting? We are told all the time to make practicing as realistic as possible aren't we?
Lot more than one questions there, and you of all people should know the answer. A jury of your own peers will give the answer if charged.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry about that. It was all meant to be on general question.

Iguess whatI mean is in a scenario like thathow exactly are you going to get charged in the first place if there isn't a dead animal ar someone actually saw you attempt to take an animal with your gun?

Honestly, exactly what charges could a warded come up with in the first place? Even if they hadn't changed the law.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:42 PM

younggun 243, we only have to bring out theedible portions of game meat, in most cases you must show proof of sex but all that means is that you leave the nut sack/uter on a hind quarterand if it is antlered only area you have to bringthe antlersalong too.

So all the bones can stay in the field. in 30 years of elk hunting I've only brought out 3 elk whole. if the warden thinks something is not rightthey can make you take him/her to the kill site for inspection.
You have to stop at the check station only if it is on you route to or from the hunting area.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:46 PM

Ofthe Wardens I know I would be surprised if anything would even been said to ya. unless you had your camo,game calls and other stuff with ya.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gotlost,
Just to let you know I have herd the random gun shot,6 miles from the trail head.Belive me you sit there wondering,did some poachinghappen?I have yet to find out.

But shootin a game animal with a gun during bow season should be adead give away!!! HELLOWIT"S ARCHERY SEASON!!!
I'm pretty shure you G&F will have it in check.
BBJ

Old 03-30-2007, 06:53 PM

I'll give you an idea of how #$%$#@@ the game and fish are about this subject. I had a friend who was FLY FISHING. Yes, FLY FISHING, IN THE ACT OF FLY FISHING. In the middle(literally in the middle of the river)of the east fork of the wind river during archery elk season. He had his 06 across his shoulders for bear protection and a game warden tried to ticket him for carrying a firearm during archery season. With idiots like that game warden around the law needed to be changed, either that or they need to start looking the other way when guys hose a griz or wolf. I have even faced off w/ Park rangers in Yellowstone over packing a side arm for bear protection.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM

I'd love to here the whole story on that one, no ticket was issued , I'd say it was a warden just checking the guy out.

last I heard you could no have firearms in Jelleystone at all. but it been 20 years sence I've been to that zoo.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM

The whole story on the fishing excursion was no ticket, .....in the end. My friend went to the bank when the game warden asked him to come over, where the wardengot out his little pad and started to issue a ticket, my buddie tells the warden that he can give him the ticket, but that he is NOT going to quit fishing NOR is he going to give up the rifle. Now the warden doesn'tlike hearing this much and tries to inform him of the legalities of the situation where-upon my buddy simply told him and I quote-"it would be better to be tried by 12 than carried by six" and then follows up w/ some information onthe second ammendment of the U.S. constitution. When he started checking the ticket to make sure that the wardens signature was legible for his lawyers to contact the guy lost his interest in finishing the ticket.
As for the pistol in jellystone, it was pretty much the same deal. They did ask, politely I might add, that I not let it be visible to the tourists.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

NVMIKE posted a good example that illustrates my point in this entire thread. It is your right to carry a firearm.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:44 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

NVMIKE posted a good example that illustrates my point in this entire thread. It is your right to carry a firearm.

but see heres where i feel you are wrong.

ya, i know it says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. but what if the bear gets the drop on you, and ya dont get a killing shot in time.

it does not say you have the right to keep and arm bears!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.