Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming! >

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Old 03-30-2007, 09:57 AM

Default RE: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Before the reg change the Archer knew that they could not carry a firearm while archery hunting. It was thier choice to hunt Archery and so thier choice not to be able to carry.
That way this has nothing to do with the 2nd amendment.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotlost,
99.98% of you bow hunters are not going to be packing their elk rifles bow hunting.What you are going to see is the bowhunter packing a pistol of some sort.
This just a measure to helping to protect the sportsman.
By no means is packing a pistol going to increase your odds of harvesting a elk EVEN if someone uses it illegaly.You still have to be with in 40-60 yds with a wheel gun to take a elk(other than you S&W hand cannons).

You are way over thinking this thing,in all reality you will probaly see no diffrence.
BBJ
Old 03-30-2007, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Before the reg change the Archer knew that they could not carry a firearm while archery hunting.
And what about this do you find that doesn't infringe on your right to carry a firearm? Before the regulation was made in the first placepeople carried gun with them while hunting with archery equipment.

It was thier choice to hunt Archery and so thier choice not to be able to carry.
So you are saying that they should have either broken the law and carried a gun any way or just not hunt with a bow?

How do you figure it was their choice to be able to carry or not when they weren't given the choice. Law abiding citizens were being controled by a silly and unconstitutional law.

Restrict whatI can legally shoot with that firearm during a hunting seasonall you want. Hunting is a peivelage but a government can not restrict my right to carry a firearm.

Do you not understand that the 2nd amendment doesn't stop with hunting seasons? Just like it doesn't stop with so called hi-cap magazines, flash supressors, so called "assault weapons", Semi auto shotguns and rifles, etc... etc...
Do you not understand that a law thatrestricts or forbids you to own, use and carry a firearm is an unconstitutional law?

Old 03-30-2007, 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: BareBack Jack

Gotlost,
99.98% of you bow hunters are not going to be packing their elk rifles bow hunting.What you are going to see is the bowhunter packing a pistol of some sort.
This just a measure to helping to protect the sportsman.
By no means is packing a pistol going to increase your odds of harvesting a elk EVEN if someone uses it illegaly.You still have to be with in 40-60 yds with a wheel gun to take a elk(other than you S&W hand cannons).

You are way over thinking this thing,in all reality you will probaly see no diffrence.
BBJ
BBJ It's a reg. that I think did not need changing, will it increase poaching? I believe it will, It will not wipe out the elk herdsno,but there will be an increase.

Bigbulls
Before the reg. change if you carried a firearm while hunting an archery only huntyou were braking the law, plain and simple! just the same as hunting with a center fire rifle in muzzle loader season.

If you wanted to hunt Archery you could not carry a firearm, that was YOUR OWN choice.
Just like ifI want to go into a court room I can not carry. That is my choice.
It real simple.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Gotlost, before the regulation was made in the first place it wasn't illegal to carry a firearm when hunting with a bow. So your argument here is a wash.

If you wanted to hunt Archery you could not carry a firearm, that was YOUR OWN choice.
No, that was the choice they gave you.
Just like ifI want to go into a court room I can not carry. That is my choice.
No, that's the choice they give you.
It real simple.
When they regulate what you can and can not have in your own house that will be the choice they give you as well. But you are right, it will bereal simple. Another unconstitutional firearms lawthat you have to obey or go to jail.

Just becasue that's the way it is doesn't change the fact that these laws are unconstitutional.

just the same as hunting with a center fire rifle in muzzle loader season.
Again, NO! In your example one would be actively hunting with a centerfire rifle during ML season. Not carrying it as a sidearm for protection.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Bigbulls, You and I may never come to a agreement on this issue, butno one ever said we have too.
I respect your views I just don't agree with them.
Thank you for being civil in our heated discustion, far too often these end up in name calling ect.

Hope all your hunt's are good ones,
Larry
Old 03-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I guess we are going to just have to agree to disagree.

I have one more question though.
What if I don't have a valid hunting licenseand I am not hunting.I'm doing some practicing with my handgun andit happens to be archery season andI happen to be practicing in the woods? Am I doing something wrong or illegal here. Aren't national forrests open to everyoneto use? Honestly who is going to prove one way or the other if I am hunting or not unless I actually attempt to take an animal with the gun? And what if I do have my bow with me? Maybe I want to practice with my broadheads in a real life scenario. How does one proveI was actually hunting? We are told all the time to make practicing as realistic as possible aren't we?
Old 03-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I've heard the "those that are going to poach are already doing it theory" but most crimes are a crime of opportunity. The more opportunity a guy has the more he's gonna do it.
I have all the oportunity in the worldto walk right out in to the shop and shoot the next person that walks through the door with a number of different firearms. Does that mean I am going to do it???? Of course not. This is a very lame argument you have tried to make here and holds about as much water asa pasta strainer. Same for everyone else here that opposes this law change.
You are obviously very emotional about this subject. You can say my argument is "lame" use food analogies all you like.

It's simple, they say locks (on your car, your house, whate ever) are for honest people right? That means if a criminal wants your car, regardless of what locks or security system you have it'shis. Right? But the guy who's tempted may try to open the door, see that it's locked and just walk away.

It's the samewith poaching or any other law ever created. But if there aren't firearms in peoples hands when bowhunting, speciafically higher powered firearms, than whenthe average Joe that sees a world class Elk, Mulie, what ever he won't cross that line as easily. They made the law in the first place for a reason. The recipe is:hunters in the field, with an archerytag,nobody else around to see, with a high powered firearm. The temptation for a usually honest person is certainly there.

I gotta hand it to ya though your whole analogy about shooting the next person that walks through your shop door was not lame it all, I mean that was great. Especially since we're all so tempted to shoot people. I guess I'm different, I justlike shooting animals. So good point there.

Put that through your lame pasta strainer and chew on it for a while....it might actually make sense to ya.

BTW.....Good luck on that murderous twitch you got there, I think you can talk to someone about that.
Old 03-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

It's simple, they say locks (on your car, your house, whate ever) are for honest people right? That means if a criminal wants your car, regardless of what locks or security system you have it'shis. Right? But the guy who's tempted may try to open the door, see that it's locked and just walk away.
Wrong if that tempted guy trys to open the door then he isn't honest to begin with. He just has more to risk than the thug off the street.

But if there aren't firearms in peoples hands when bowhunting, speciafically higher powered firearms, than whenthe average Joe that sees a world class Elk, Mulie, what ever he won't cross that line as easily. They made the law in the first place for a reason. The recipe is:hunters in the field, with an archerytag,nobody else around to see, with a high powered firearm. The temptation for a usually honest person is certainly there.
Boy, never heard that one before.
Nope that doesn't sound at all like what the anti gun folks try to cram down Joe Publics throat every day.

Lets changea fewwords.

But if there aren't firearms in peoples hands when driving, specifically pistols with high capasity magazines, then when average Joe that gets cut off driving home or what ever he won't cross that line easily. They made the Brady Bill in the first place for a reason. The recipe is: People in their cars after a bad day at work with a hi cap Glock. The temptation for a usually honest person is certainly there.

Especially since we're all so tempted to shoot people.
Just like we are all so tempted to go shoot record book animals with firearms while we are bow hunting?

I really don't understand why you guys are so ready to just sit there and agree that you shouldn't be able to carry a firearm.
IT'S YOUR RIGHTAS A UNITED STATES CITIZEN.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rather_be_huntin

It's the samewith poaching or any other law ever created. But if there aren't firearms in peoples hands when bowhunting, speciafically higher powered firearms, than whenthe average Joe that sees a world class Elk, Mulie, what ever he won't cross that line as easily. They made the law in the first place for a reason. The recipe is:hunters in the field, with an archerytag,nobody else around to see, with a high powered firearm. The temptation for a usually honest person is certainly there.
Yeah, except you can't get away with shooting an animal with a gun during bow season, because of this new invention that totally blows my mind away, a bullethole, which somehow is different than an "arrowhole".

Quick Reply: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.