Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming! >

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Old 03-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Whenever me and my family go on vacation to Bear Country USA in the Black Hillsin South Dakota, my dad will always pack a gun in a hidden place, in case one of those stampeding bears gets out of control, and the park ranger has got some PETA blood in him.

I don't trust the park rangers you see only once a day in the Shenandoah National Park to protect me from bears, when I'm cooking bacon, and hot dogs in the dark at9:30 PM!!!!!!

Or when you accidentally come across a female bear with her cubs, you think the piece of paper that says you can't carry a gun, so the bear shouldn't feel threatened is going to save you?

NEWSFLASH!!!!! Mother Bear can't read!
Old 03-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

I think it is a good move. I bowhunt in an area where we are seeing increased wolves and grizzlies. Plenty of lions as well. If someone wants to shoot an elk with a rifle and pretend they shot it with a bow, the regulations/laws aren't going to stop them. Better a hunter have the option to carry a weapon to protect himself from dangerous game.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:32 PM

If they had passed the law stateing shot guns only, with up to 00 buck, no slug's. I wouldn't haveany problems with it.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:33 PM

Why are you against this? With all of the rights they keep trying to take away from hunters, it is nice to hear of hunters getting additional rights. Worrying about poachers is an incredibly dumb reason to not allow law abiding citizens to carry guns in the woods. I hear of people that shoot deer out of their house after hours. Do you think that is a justification for banning guns in our homes? If not, then your point is mute. Even if people are not likely to be attacked by a bear or a wolf, there is still a chance. Even if there were no chance of being attacked, If a guy feels safer with a gun so be it. If he just likes carrying a gun, then good for him. Poachers are going to poach with or without this law. What is it they always say? "If you outlaw guns, then only the outlaws will haveguns."
Old 03-26-2007, 07:39 PM

I haven't said anything about outlawing guns, I don't like the Idea of archer's changing laws that will help to increase the chances of Poaching.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 PM

I hate to break it to you, but the guy that is going to use this new law to poach is already poaching. It doesn't make sense to regulate the rest of us because of a few poachers. Would it be fair to makea law that says everyone that enters a store must walk around with their pockets inside out in order to prevent shoplifting?
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM

So what your saying is we should make it EZer for the poacher?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:00 PM

I'd been a lot less upset if they had limited the caliber to a sidearm.Or limiting the reg to the areas that have brizz and wolves. But they didn't. You can carry anything you want statewide while bowhunting. You Alaska guys probably need protection with all the grizz you got. Around here all you needed to do was go hunting with an old fat guy that runs slower than you. I know, because I am an old fat guy and friends are always asking me to go hunting with them!
One of the attractions of starting to hunt with a bow, no bullets whistleing over my head. That is gone now.

Nothing to do with 2nd ammendment, like the guy said, there are already a lot of places you can't carry a gun.

Just doesn't seem right.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: gotlost

So what your saying is we should make it EZer for the poacher?
No, what I am saying is that you shouldn't regulate honest citizens in order to control criminals. You may find it hard to believe, but I understand what you are saying, I just strongly disagree with it. You can't just keep making laws or base the making of lawsbecause ofwhat criminals will do. They don't follow the law anyways, that's why we call them criminals. I do understand that it will give poachers a justification for carrying a gun if they get stopped by Johny law, but I don't think that is a good enough reason for you to tell me or anyone else that I can't carry a gun during archery season or at what ever time you or someone else deems it wrong. I do not think that I should be punished for someone else's crimes. I really get upset when it is a fellow hunter that tries to impose their will or take away the rights of other hunters. No one is telling you that you have to carry a gun. If you don't think it's necessary to carry a gun then don't, but don't tell me or every othernon-poaching hunter that we can't because your afraid of a couple of bad seeds shooting deer by the wrong means. Where does it end? People shoot deer from their trucks, should it now be illegal for anyone to transport a gun? People have used flashlights to shoot deer after hours, does that mean that from now on I have to walk in and out of my stand with only the aid of the moon? I could go on and on, but I still don't think I could change your mind. You are too concerned about the very small amount of deer that might get shot illegally to be concerned about the rights of your fellow hunters. Oh yeah....I don't carry a gun when I go bow hunting, but that that doesn't matter. Some day, I may decide to and it's nice to know that as long as you don't get your way, I'll be able to.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:10 PM

Fetzeriiif, you have good points but!
we currently have an energy boom going on here that is taking a tole on critcal winter range and poaching has gone thur the roof.
people are building houseson winter range all across the western side of the state. take one look at Jackson and the whole Snake drainage.
we've had 8 years of drought
WE Will NEVER see the big game populations we had in the 70's. The energy boom will be over in 5 or ten years, but the winter range is getting smaller everyday and the game can only come back so far.
We don't have near the Number of Game Warden we need to cover the state.
So now we give poachers a better chance. thier not just taking from me thier taking game from everyone who ever wants to hunt in this state.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.