Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming! >

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Old 03-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Default RE: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

i like the idea. the reason i do is a area i hunt deer with a bow in sept. i could hunt grouse, we would go deer hunting then go back to camp to get shot guns for grouse, then drive 4 miles back to bird hunt. now we can just keep the 12 gauge in the truck.
just my thoughts
p.s. huntmuleys before you reply, not evryone can shoot a nat off a cows a$$ like you, were not all that good!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

"Even if people are not likely to be attacked by a bear or a wolf, there is still a chance."

Not all predators are four legged. I don't worry about it in my neck of the woods, but have heard of unfriendly confrontations over game. Their are more drug related activities in the woods than most give credit to...

"So what your saying is we should make it EZer for the poacher?"

Poaching is already easy enough. As stated above, it made no change in annual harvest in MT.

"Montana has a 1-800 Tip # to turn in poachers,can't you guys do the same?"

1-800-442-4331 or1-307-777-4330 for out-of-state calls, or report it online: http://gf.state.wy.us/wildlife/enforcement/stoppoaching/submittip.aspx

Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 PM

I've talked with 9 diffrent bow hunters the last few day, only one likes the law and thats only because he can now carry his 22 bearcat for grouse. Most feel the same as I do.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I carry my weapon because I have every right ! I'm legal in at least 26 states. I should be legal in every state!!!!The FBI and the CBI checked me out from top to bottom. If I would have ever even farted in the wrong place, I would not have my concealed permit. If your worried about people that carry legal, than you are just a moron. Everytime one of us post something stupid like this, it helps the anti's chip away at ourgunrights. This is not, just my humble opinion, IT'S A FACT!Game4lunch, lets notwake the governor, unless you want to get the guns from the bad guys, not legal hunters!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I support the law, in Idaho we can carry a pistol while bowhunting. Also black bear seaons starts August 30 its any weapon. So as long as a hunter has a black bear tag on him he couldbe packing a bow and a rifle, during the September elk and deer archery seasons. It's been this way for many years now and I don't think we have much of a poaching problem.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've talked with 9 diffrent bow hunters the last few day, only one likes the law and thats only because he can now carry his 22 bearcat for grouse. Most feel the same as I do.
Then most may as well be siding with the anti gun liberals that are already trying to restrict our guns and legal right to own them, posess them, and use them. You and your "most" bow hunters are simply making their job that much easier by trying to keep what should be perfectly legal gun usage limited.

If you and these other hunters can't see this then you really need to wake up and take off the blinders.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:26 AM

I love how some of you Keep trying to put the 2nd amendment spin on a hunting regulation, When an archer decides to hunt with a bow they have regulations to follow. Just like the lbs restictions on thier bows and bore diameter and catridge length hunters who use firearms must follow.
It's a regulation!
I'm all for the 2nd amendment but when you decide to hunt you have rules you must follow.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

And now the rules have changed!!!
So let who ever want's to carry and and those that don't,well don't.It's that simple,if you feel that carring a gun takes away the mystical challange of bow hunting then don't pack one.

I myself have had no problem with packing my .44,.41 or .480 with me,as for the ocasinal grouse I shoot them with my bow.
BBJ
Old 03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Fork Horn

cant say i really like this, but i can see it both ways.

i live in wyoming, and to me a MUCH bigger issue is our ridiculously short bow seasons. shorter than our neighboring states by a couple months!!!
i think that is where we should be trying to make things happen.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

I love how some of you Keep trying to put the 2nd amendment spin on a hunting regulation
That's because having the right to carry a firearm is not a hunting regulation.

Hunting is a privelage and as such is subject to regulations like draw weight, bore diameter. minimum energy levels, bag limits,etc.... Carrying afirearm for protection, regardless if you are in the big city or the deep woods, is a right that is guaranteed to every citizen of this country. It's not a privelage like hunting.

I am having a real hard timefiguring outwhy this is so dang hard for you to understand.

When an archer decides to hunt with a bow they have regulations to follow.
You are exactly right. Regulations like not shooting an animal with a gun if you are hunting with a bow. Restricting my right to carry that firearm is unconstitutional.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting with a gun now in Wyoming!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.