Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge >

Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Old 03-09-2007, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

ORIGINAL: tangozulu

This is suppose to be about wolves.................but your grip on history is embarrasing.
ps 100,000 Canadians died in WW1 and WW2

ORIGINAL: hinkleid

The wolf is an incredable animal. Nice to see them back where they belong.
A mute point perhaps but the Brits and French pretty well had the Germans on the ropes in WW1 before America showed up. It was the Russians who beat them in WW2.
You need to study your history a little better. Wasn't France once partof Germany (Vichy France?). There is a famous picture of Hitler in Paris with the Eiffel tower in the background. I am sure you could find this somewhere on the net.

And wasn't London and other English cities getting "Blietzkrieged" hiding in underground bunkers for months?

The Russians pushed the Germans back from Stalingrad (on that front). The Eastern front was primarily US and the other allies. Met up in Germany and they were done. If Hitler was a little more patient... take over and rebuild, then take over some more, then rebuild... rather than trying to take over the entire continent at once... We most likely would ALL be speaking German, even you Canadians.

WHich leads me to Where were the Canadians in WWII? They sent a couple dozen troops? I was in Gulf War I, and was primarily the US. We had several Carrier battle groups and Canada sends over a couple rowboats and a helicopter? Your country has absolutely NO backbone whatsoever.

Guessing the Russians beat the Japanese as well?
I digresss on this, after reading above you mentioned WWI, not WWII... I apologize as I know very little about WWI. I did take several history courses in college so I do know some about History.

The Russians never really did beat the Germans, they just held off the assaults and pushed them back. The Germans simply beat themselves, as Hitler became more greedy and powerful and overextended trying to fight 2 fronts. It is a LONG WAY from Africa and Italy to Stalingrad. Same with all famous leaders, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan.. etc.

Never really considered Canada the forefront in anything. They are kinda like the little kid that sits in the back of class and does not talk. They are very neutral and reminds me of those countries like Norway and Sweden.

Now, the US they have to poke their nose into everything.Which, is why we are in the big mess we are. I would not haveany problems with it, but every year when I file taxes, it incenses me that they take MY money that can be used for MY Family and send it over to Baghdad by the billions.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

Canada is in the forefront of wolf management. If there are still too many after the hunt, we export the surplus to Idaho.[&:]
Old 03-09-2007, 09:18 PM

Canada is in the forefront of wolf management. If there are still too many after the hunt, we export the surplus to Idaho.[&:]

LOL, that is where they all came from. Truck em in, and let em go...
Old 03-09-2007, 09:21 PM

Personally, I have little stake in this. It would be pretty cool to have a full mount of a wolf I must admit. It is the farmers and ranchers that deal with this. I think though, you can shoot if they are attacking your animals on your property. Then you have to call and report it. Don't really get that one, could you just shoot and say that? Don't think they will be sending in ID wolf CSI to figure out if wolf was in cow/calf kill mode when shot.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:29 AM

In order to get away with shooting a wolf when it is attacking livestock, you have to have proof of the attack. Injured animals, dead animals or video footage. Basically it has to be undeniable that the wolves were aggressive towards your livestock.

The 10j amendment to the wolf reintroduction doesn't protect farmers as much as they say it does.

Just like the only reason there is no "documented" cases of wolf attacks is because the U.S. Biological Society does not document the attacks unless all requirements are met:

1. The wolf head that initiated the attack or wolf heads involved need to be removed and sent away for rabies/disease testing to be completed.

2. There needs to be an eye witness to the attacks.

3. If the testing comes up positive or inconclusive, it is disregarded as a sick animal.

4. The attacked party must sustain critical/terminal wounds and be killed by the attacking animal.

If you look up reported cases, though, there are plenty of those. Most involving heavy winters or a lower than normal food source neccessary to feed the pack.

In the early nineteen hundreds a wife holding a baby watched as her son and husband were killed and devored in Minnesota. By the next morning (investigators would not go out before daylight the next day for safety issues) they found strewn bones and some hair with the clothes scattered around. They figured there were at least 5 animals in the attack on the two men. It was not considered a documentable case because all five animals were not killed and did not have their heads examined for rabies....even though the kicker is that when an animal contracts rabies the pack pushes it out so it because a lone animal. There are absolutely no none studies that can provide proof that wolves can act as a social group and a pack if they contain the maddening rabies disease.

There were attacks in the U.S. and Canada as recently as two years ago...but guess what....no head/witness/killed victim....no documented attack according to the U.S. gov't.

~Cam

I have a pretty cool verifiable website that I will post when I get it from my work computer that tells the story of only a few of these attacks....including a 7' 6" Black wolf weighing in at 175 lbs that charged a S. Dakota hunter and was only killed when the hunter shot it in the neck on a reflex shot when he was knocked to the ground. This was in 2000...not in the earlier part of the century!
Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

"....including a 7' 6" Black wolf weighing in at 175 lbs that charged a S. Dakota hunter and was only killed when the hunter shot it in the neck on a reflex shot when he was knocked to the ground...."
No doubt incidents such as this one where the individual escaped death, no matter how close the call,will carry no weight with the enviro-wackos. If he died in the attack, then well maybe it would be of merit, but then of course in that case the enviro-wackos would argue that it was his own fault for "getting into that situation" in "wolf country."

Who is the master of our domain anyway?
When are we introducing these wolves into Central Park in NYC, plenty of food I'm sure and also former wolf range.
See if there is a changing of the tune when it is t-h-e-i-r backyard!
Old 03-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Irony at its finest hour. One animal (humans) who have multiplied at an alarming rate and migrated to inhabit all corners of the earth, Ferrell Primates if you will, are discussing the eradication of one of natures finest animals. The wolf has an important job. It separates the week, diseased or genetically inferior from the rest, kills it, and cleans up after its self. But, since it is creative enough to make its way through our low cost (remember, we don’t want to pay too much) cattle fences, we must destroy it. Have we lost our creativity? Have we become unintelligent through our selfish views?

“If you were to look at the world from third persons point of view, the human, would appear to be infested like a rodent, and would need to be exterminated for the rest of the world to live in peace.”

Jacque Custo

Oh look, the infested, obese naked apes don’t like the hungry wolves killing their #1 source of saturated fat and cholesterol. Sounds like a big problem! But the bigger problem is that we have become so lazy and fat, that we can’t stand to get off of our couch, turn of the TV and leave the air conditioning to go see this problem first hand. I know – go create a nasty disease in a lab somewhere and give it to the wolves. That way, I can sit right here and enjoy my steak dinner. I won’t be inconvenienced even a bit…

Man’s best friend is the offspring of the wolf, but I guess we have no use for them anymore. Let’s just go play god.

This type of activity makes me embarrassed to be human.
The moment I heard you quote jacque custo I know this post would be embarrssing to read. Reffering to humans as ferrell primatesmisuses the word considerablyand therefore makes this statement pointless. Who quotes Custo anyway?Mabye you are fromFrance?

Beef is not our #1 source of cholesterol and saturated fat, this comment is so uneducated it is insane.

You should be embarrassed to be a human, embarrassed to make stupid statements like this.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

This is suppose to be about wolves.................but your grip on history is embarrasing.
ps 100,000 Canadians died in WW1 and WW2

The wolf is an incredable animal. Nice to see them back where they belong.
A mute point perhaps but the Brits and French pretty well had the Germans on the ropes in WW1 before America showed up. It was the Russians who beat them in WW2.
You need to study your history a little better. Wasn't France once partof Germany (Vichy France?). There is a famous picture of Hitler in Paris with the Eiffel tower in the background. I am sure you could find this somewhere on the net.

And wasn't London and other English cities getting "Blietzkrieged" hiding in underground bunkers for months?

The Russians pushed the Germans back from Stalingrad (on that front). The Eastern front was primarily US and the other allies. Met up in Germany and they were done. If Hitler was a little more patient... take over and rebuild, then take over some more, then rebuild... rather than trying to take over the entire continent at once... We most likely would ALL be speaking German, even you Canadians.

WHich leads me to Where were the Canadians in WWII? They sent a couple dozen troops? I was in Gulf War I, and was primarily the US. We had several Carrier battle groups and Canada sends over a couple rowboats and a helicopter? Your country has absolutely NO backbone whatsoever.

Guessing the Russians beat the Japanese as well?
I digresss on this, after reading above you mentioned WWI, not WWII... I apologize as I know very little about WWI. I did take several history courses in college so I do know some about History.

The Russians never really did beat the Germans, they just held off the assaults and pushed them back. The Germans simply beat themselves, as Hitler became more greedy and powerful and overextended trying to fight 2 fronts. It is a LONG WAY from Africa and Italy to Stalingrad. Same with all famous leaders, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan.. etc.

Never really considered Canada the forefront in anything. They are kinda like the little kid that sits in the back of class and does not talk. They are very neutral and reminds me of those countries like Norway and Sweden.

Now, the US they have to poke their nose into everything.Which, is why we are in the big mess we are. I would not haveany problems with it, but every year when I file taxes, it incenses me that they take MY money that can be used for MY Family and send it over to Baghdad by the billions.
Why dont you dorks get it over and meet somewhere other than the hunting forum. Then you could romance and court eachother with your knowledge of WWI and II.
Old 03-15-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, pretty strong words, but empty at the same time. But I guess you had nothing of value to add.

Why don't you go run along and put down some carpet, boy.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

Wow, pretty strong words, but empty at the same time. But I guess you had nothing of value to add.

Why don't you go run along and put down some carpet, boy.
Wow! You looked at my member profile to come up with a low blow - like stating my profession, good one. Adding boy at the end, is that a racist statement? How ignorant.

I just felt like quoting Custo was pretty ignorant, typically you quute people on subjects in which they are experts at.Custo was an oceanograpeher. You sound pretty sharp though, generalizing the human race in one sentence saying we all want to eat our steak dinners and have everything too easy. It must be nice to be smarter and better than everyone.

Sometimes on these forums people critize eachothers stupid opinions and ignorant statements, get used to it "killer primate".

Quick Reply: Wolves: Mother's Nature's Revenge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.