Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

The Zumbo saga goes on.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:44 AM

Default The Zumbo saga goes on.

just found this on the title page of MSN.com

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17307316/?GT1=9033

Now we are all just brain washed by the NRA to blindly attack just for the hell of it.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: The Zumbo saga goes on.

B.C. hunter, are you from the states or from Canada?
The structue of the NRA is always beenfirearms first. It is a support system just like the Rockey Mountain Elk Foundation, Pheasants Forever and NWTF are to hunting. It is a shame we can't better figure out how to shut down certainareas of our opponets like we do when we banish our own that have gonea straywith thier comments. Thats easy to do because they were dependant of us.If we could better find out what tradingstock or what companys the "new congress" supports or some that own businesswe would be able to better boycott andnegetivly effectthem. Better yet I feel like doing what they do andstalk and stuff a microphone in sometheir faces like their supporters do!Also,the last time I checkedI believe the U.S. membership for the NRA was higher than in CAN andwe stillhave our gun rights and as a US citizen I will NEVER give up my 2nd. Like they say, you want it here it is and"you can pry it from my cold dead fingers"if you want it that bad!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:08 PM

NJ---
I couldn't agree with you more. This country though, is made up of many, many Monday morning quarterbacks. They talk a great game, but thats it.
I love and believe in the 2nd with all my heart and have written, emailed and voted accordingly. I even had the opportunity to attend a breakfast with Governess Whitman becuase of my mother's political affiliations. First question from me" So, where do you stand on firearms ownwership and hunting within this state?"
More time than not, I feel like my efforts are meaningless because I keep hearing and seeing New Jerseyians say the same thing" my vote don't mean a thing" or " I don't have the time to get involved"... A pitty for sure.
NJ is becoming more and more leftist liberal and I fear our future with hunting and gun ownership. If push comes to shove, I'll sell my house and move to a gun/hunter friendly state very soon; whether my wife likes it or not!!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:12 PM

BJheadhunter69 I too am a us citizen and fight like hell for OUR 2A rights read my post before you try and start something with me. I've been a member of the NRA for all of my adult life. I'm against everything Zumbo has said and done. Buy a vowel or catch a clue before you point your finger in my direction.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

BC, I wasn't pointing the finger. All I asked you was where your from. I saw the bottom of your post and it sounded like you weren't a supporter. I also was just trying to point out that I (we) shouldn't stand around and wait for what happened in Canada.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:57 PM

NJ haveing lived in both countries I would never wish what happened in Canada to happen to any country. Canada is a joke when it comes to gun regulation. They have no voice nor do they want one they look at things in a manner that puzzle's me. Maybe on a good day they'll get 25% turn out on a vote. The sportsman are way to divided to have any voice or power to effect the vote. It was great to see how quickly everybody jump up and took a stand on this one.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with Zumbo, hunting with assault rifles is not in hunters best interest.HUGELY bad P.R. image, bordering on plain and simple dumb.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:41 PM

Well I believe that hunters should only be permitted to carry single shot rifles, and only carry one round. Obviously the bad PR generated by hunters leaving the impression that they blaze away at wildlife using military rounds such as the .308 or 30-06 borders on plain and simple dumb. Sarcasm intended.

The people who oppose hunting or oppose firearm ownership hardly concern themselves with the make and model of our rifles. Read some of the links to the Brady group statements in other threads on the Zumbo topic. To them the .223, .308, 30-06 are all "military rounds".

I disagree with Zumbo, not just what he said butwhy he said it. Reading his blog he stated that he was unaware that AR and AK type rifles were used for varmint hunting, and seemed to state that he had no experience with such. So he put himself out there as an authority on hunting, and what makes a firearm a "terrorist" tool, basically blovating out of his *ss, and deserves what happened to him. He shot his mouth off about something he had no knowledge or experience with and did everyone a disservice.

There are AR15 rigs that make excellent varmint rifles. To look at them you might not even make a connection with the M16. And how is someone shooting prarie dogs out west with whatever kind of rifle making any impression on some SOB in New York or San Francisco?

If you don't want to use an AR or AK type rifle, fine. But your statement makes about as much sense as my initial sarcastic comment.Simply because you or Jim Zumbo gets the idea that its inappropriate doesn't mean that the rest of the country should stop using them. The term "assault rifle" has close to no meaning. Aside from the .22 rimfire, every rifle in my safe shoots a heavier round that may go farther, faster, and/or hit harder than a my .223. The look of the gun firing the round should not be the determining factor.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:20 AM

ORIGINAL: losthwy

I agree with Zumbo, hunting with assault rifles is not in hunters best interest.HUGELY bad P.R. image, bordering on plain and simple dumb.
And I agreed with you until I learned more about them, and more importantly until I read everythinghe said.Zumbo actually called them terrorist weapons and said they should be banned from the field.

If you read the latest bill on the floor (posted nearby on another thread) it would ban an auto load shotgun simply because it has a pistol grip.

Our threat is not the anti-guns. They know the gun lobby is too powerful for a ban on hunting. However, let's say they get this pistol grip turkey gun banned. Then justwaita fewyears and introduce a small modification to that bill, convincing Joe non-hunter that this turkey gun is just as dangerous without the grip as it is with the grip. (Using our own argument against us - that it is the "same gun".) Now you have 3.5 inch auto load shotguns banned. Then its the 3 inch, and on it goes.

Same could be true for the AR. It is chambered in rounds very close to what we hunt with. Get it banned, then keep making small modifications to than ban until you get around to my plain jane bolt action .270.

Here's where I'm on your page,Losthwy . . . hunters do need to be aware of our image and police ourselves. Acting like we are in battle with the animals is hugely damaging. Wounding them and making little to no effort to retrieve them. Talking too much about the rack with no mention of the meat. Cheering and laughing about killing the varmints and how they explode on impact. Shootinginto herds or groups to see what drops.

A hunter with a bolt action .270 who acts like an idiot does a lot more damage to huntingthan a hunter with an AR who is respectfulabout his hunt, his game, and non-hunters.

Losthwy, please be careful with the Feds and people who say "ban". Many of them think they are actually helping this country out as they whittle away at our freedom. Each whittle is just a shaving until the stick is gone.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good post jones!

Quick Reply: The Zumbo saga goes on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.