Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum >

Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

Old 02-23-2007, 12:51 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

ORIGINAL: RLoving1

So should we welcome someone that we had considered one of our own back into the fold and be forgiving or bear a grudge? Rev may back me up on this...he without sin cast the first stone...I have done wrong and have been forgiven in my past...and may do something dumb down the road.He admitted a BIG mistake and now is willing to educate himself about his faux pas.The sport has policed it's own and has caused judgement to be passed on to the person that errored,now time will tell what Jim Zumbo and ourselves are made of.Sorry for the rant just thought I'd say what my heart has in it.
Well Said!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:33 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: handloader1

I have a cousin who guided Mr. Zumbo on an elk hunt, and my cousinhad nothing good to say about Mr. Zumbo. Let the chips fall where they may. Good luck.

HMMMM...may be just an Outdoor Life thing then.

I worked with a guy on Conrail in Harrisburg who shot long range with their shooting editor Jim Carmichael for a while. Jim Carmichael 'DEMANDED' that the guy GIVE him his long range rifle as a gift. He told Carmichael to go to h.ell.

Jack O'Connor MUST be rolling over in his grave at all this Zumbone mess.

Sad, very sad here...
Old 02-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Typical Buck

Whats the link for the Ted forum and the apology??? Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:24 PM

A previous post stated that " we all have made mistakes somewhere, somehow, etc." I'm sure that at the time, those who've made a terrible mistake only wished to be forgiven or to rescind a statement gone awry.
The christian in us requires forgiveness. Are any of us in the hunting/shooting community sinless? Looking back, I'm sure anyone of us can recall a rediculous comment or deed done.

How we choose to learn and grow from our mistakes is paramount in moving forward. Hopefully, Mr. Zumbo has seen the light here and won't ever again place himself orthe shooting-hunting community in such a blemished position again.

I will forgive him, although not forget this black eye given to us by his oratory reponse. I feel that he has a long road ahead making this up to us; a very special group of people that provide him with employment, sponsors andappearances at shows for a fee. He made his living because of shooters, hunters, outdoor readers, and everyday folks like us. He needs to remember where his bread is buttered. Never, never bite the hand that feeds you!

Mr. Zumbo, I offer you my acceptance of your apology, however, its time you used your reputation as a means to build our sport beyond the reach of the anti's. And don't ever smear our goodsport again!
Sincerely,
Stew
Old 02-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a copy of a letter I sent to Outdoor life magazine:

Bring Back Zumbo!

I am sure your mailbag on Mr. Zumbo will be full this month! I have read
both his original comments and his apologies including his statement that he
plans on buying an AK type rifle to shoot and will try to educate people
about these types of rifles in the future. As far as my position, I will
fight til my dying breath to defend the right of Americans to buy these
types of rifles (semiautomatic) because I don't know how you could legally
ban a rifle stock, and that is the only real difference in the AK type
rifles and other semiautomatic hunting rifles.

That said, what would be my gut feeling if I met a fellow hunter in the
field carrying one of these types of rifles? I would probably wonder if
this guy had watched too many Rambo movies and would not really want to hunt
in the same area as him. That is probably an emotional response brought on
by ME watching too many Rambo movies. As stated, the only difference
between that rifle and mine is the stock configuration and a bigger clip. I
suspect that is the gut feeling that Mr. Zumbo was thinking about when he
wrote his now infamous Blog.

Would I ever buy one to use for hunting? No. Would I ever buy one if the
need arose to defend my home or homeland? You bet.

Bottom line is that Mr. Zumbo has done too much for hunting over the years
to be tossed aside for one transgression, even a major one. I think we
could turn this thing around and make it a positive experience with HIS
help. Othewise, it just divides us and helps the antis. Please bring him
back. If not, I will not be renewing my subscription.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

wyotimberghostand 358WinMan, very well said.
I don't see anything to be gained by people continuing to beat a man while he's down. He admitted he said and did some ignorant hurtful things. I accept that.
For me, I don't hold it against the man.

Defenders of all legal firearm ownership and use will for a time have a little tougher time fighting for our rights. But we're up to fighting the real enemies of firearms and that's by and large the Leftist politicians in this country at city, state and federal level.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:57 PM

Not only has zumbo attacked the average man and his right to own and shoot a certain type of weapon, remember the USO fiasco on here a few years back.USO was trying tosue the states to take resident tags.Well zumbo was on the forefront of defending USO and its owner. He did so on tv and in his writings. USO was trying to take states rights, which is guarenteed by the constitution also. WHy? Zumbo probably got free hunts from the owner of USO and was trying to get a sponsorship.

Thats two strikes as far as I am concerned.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: MinnFinn

wyotimberghostand 358WinMan, very well said.
I don't see anything to be gained by people continuing to beat a man while he's down. . . . . .

But we're up to fighting the real enemies of firearms and that's by and large the Leftist politicians in this country at city, state and federal level.
Exactly. Even if we had no feelings, there is a very practical reason for letting him stay in the hunting community. We need him.If he drops out of sight, the anti-guns can use his comments for a long long time.

If Zumbo stays in it and does the AR hunt on TV, the anti-guns will have a lot less to dance about. They will have three choices - one, he is just a nutcase, not worth quoting; two, he is a true convert and probably a stronger AR /AK ally than before; or three, the arm dealers money is a force to be reckoned with. Any of these three optionsis better than to just leave the original statements hanging out there for them to use.

No, he may not undo all the damage, but he also cannot turn back the clock. Only decide what to do next.

I am not the only hunter who has not used a battle gun for hunting but is now thinking about getting one after this debacle. I have read several like me in these forums.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nuge ,Zumbo hunt........
I wish I was trhere as well.
Well, I ca say this much,After 67 years Zumbo will finally learn that you don't need to use a Corvette to shop for groceries, you use one cause the Law says itsO.K. to use one for that purpose....
Old 02-24-2007, 07:07 AM

ORIGINAL: handloader1

I have a cousin who guided Mr. Zumbo on an elk hunt, and my cousinhad nothing good to say about Mr. Zumbo. Let the chips fall where they may. Good luck.
Care to elaborate?

Quick Reply: Zumbo talks on Nugents Forum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.