Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

killed a wolf

Old 01-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: killed a wolf

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

If I told you I shot a wolf today chasing an alk .What would you have to say to me.

[/align]
I would say "show me a picture"
Old 01-19-2007, 10:25 AM

I would say, "good job....just one?...or did you only see one?"

I would say to the other repliers..."MInd your own business. It may be illegal, but you dont need to be tending toother people's business. If you are a DNR officer or sherriff in his particular county or provence, then maybe you could have some concearn...but if your not, and justcomplaining because he did something you didnt like, then get over it and stop acting like the hunting police...you could'nt do crap about it if you wanted to. Why dont you guys get PETA on the phone while your at it. Gee wiz.

Oh and one more thing...the one who said "intervening nature's course"...How is that intervening nature's course? Arent the scientists that reintroduced the wolf "interventing nature's course"?, or isntus hunting animals (which is a good thing) "intervening nature's course"?
I love Interveningnature's course...and re-directing it to my dinner plate.
You sound like PETA....I guess eating any living animal is intervening nature's course...How much intervening do you plan to do with that new shotgun you plan to buy...
Stop stepping on cockroaches in your kitchen...it intervening nature's course. Or maybe they shouldstop spraying for mosquitos cause its intervening nature's course. I would say that Dayna0306 in not an "idiot" for shooting a wolf.
I say this with all do respect...
Old 01-19-2007, 12:06 PM

i'd say the wolf was confused chasing alk... those things are deadly... now if he was chasing an elk i would say... let him take it down first... then get'em and tag both.

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

If I told you I shot a wolf today chasing an alk .What would you have to say to me.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I've shot them before and I'd shoot them again. If they are endangering me or any wildlife, I would not hesitate. In this Province they make you pay for a license to shoot them now.I guess you guys have never seen a pack of wolveschase and take down a cow and calf moose on a lake. Or grab your small dog out of your front yard and eat it. Well I have!!! And one last thing. We've all intervened in the course of nature the day you picked up a gun or a bow.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CervidSlayer

Oh and one more thing...the one who said "intervening nature's course"...How is that intervening nature's course? Arent the scientists that reintroduced the wolf "interventing nature's course"?, or isntus hunting animals (which is a good thing) "intervening nature's course"?
You sound like PETA....I guess eating any living animal is intervening nature's course...How much intervening do you plan to do with that new shotgun you plan to buy...
Stop stepping on cockroaches in your kitchen...it intervening nature's course. Or maybe they shouldstop spraying for mosquitos cause its intervening nature's course. I would say that Dayna0306 in not an "idiot" for shooting a wolf.

I was saying that one shouldn't intervene, when a wolf is hunting an elk, because that is defying nature by letting the elk run free, when the elk was suppoed to be killed by the wolf.

Bottom line,don't intfere with natural predators doing what they've beendoing for thousands of years.
Here in Tennessee,there are no wolves,so in a sense, I , am the natural predator, but in the situation if there's a wolf, youdon't kill him unless you plan on getting the elk yourself immediately after dispatching the wolf.

If that's what he was doing, fine, but be sure to SSS (shoot, shovel, and shut up!), then you can claim your prize.

Old 01-19-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: DARKSIDE55
one last thing. We've all intervened in the course of nature the day you picked up a gun or a bow.
THANK YOU. If you read what I wrote in the "I've changed my mind about wolves" thread, I have seen lots of our cats and dogs get eaten by a pack of wolves. They barely leave a little fur behind...oh and the hard to swallow collar that says the dog's name
Shoot wolves first...doubt yourself later...you wont be dissapointed.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 PM

Sorry, it was the " Scientists:wolves not decimating elk herds" thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say to the other repliers..."MInd your own business. It may be illegal, but you dont need to be tending toother people's business.
what if it was a 12 point buck on your back property that you were hoping to shoot next year, but a neighbor shot it out of seasonbecausehe just doesnt like deer in his area?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Gangly

I would say to the other repliers..."MInd your own business. It may be illegal, but you dont need to be tending toother people's business.
what if it was a 12 point buck on your back property that you were hoping to shoot next year, but a neighbor shot it out of seasonbecausehe just doesnt like deer in his area?
Turn him into the Sherrif's Department, or better yet, the Fish and Game Service.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:47 AM

ORIGINAL: younggun243

I was saying that one shouldn't intervene, when a wolf is hunting an elk, because that is defying nature by letting the elk run free, when the elk was suppoed to be killed by the wolf.

Bottom line,don't intfere with natural predators doing what they've beendoing for thousands of years.
Here in Tennessee,there are no wolves,so in a sense, I , am the natural predator, but in the situation if there's a wolf, youdon't kill him unless you plan on getting the elk yourself immediately after dispatching the wolf.

If that's what he was doing, fine, but be sure to SSS (shoot, shovel, and shut up!), then you can claim your prize.

You prob wouldn't even know a wolf it was chewing on your leg right now. Stop adding thoughts about things that are thousands of miles away from you, and that you honestly have no clue about.

Quick Reply: killed a wolf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.