Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Mule Deer vs. White tail

Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Mule Deer vs. White tail

Okay. Reading some more it looks like I exaggerated to. It looks like only about 45% of Montana is Public Land. I found one site that said 36,000,000 acres of Federal Land and another that said 5,750,000 acres of State land so that would only be about 45% of the total 93 million acres of land in Montana. Of course that's more public land in Montana than there is total land in Florida but actually it looks like Florida may have a higher % of public land than Montana does. I would have never guessed that!

Old 01-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Typical Buck

whitetails, eastern whitetails in the mountains, they are way harder to hunt.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Muley's Hands down.

Old 01-13-2007, 06:00 AM

Whitetail are a bit smarter then a mule-deer so offermore challenge.
but I love Mule deer hunting two . Note I still stalk both breeds, no blinds,no stands, no bait. I would say for me it would be whitetail,I have hadthem bucks do somepretty sneaky crap on me. " keeps it fun when their not dumb"

Note I could rise from the grave to go Elk hunting that is my calling..

Old 01-16-2007, 01:57 PM

In regards to Florida...It is the only state that is completely surrounded by two different bodies of water.
Did you forget that most of all the beaches in Florida are public "State" land. And some of the beaches are "Federal" land...What a state.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Mule deer because there there are almost no whitetails in the unit where I own land.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:07 PM

It depends on what is out the back door of my future hunting cabin. If it is Mulies, then I'll hunt them. Whitetails...then I guess I'll hunt them.

If I really have to choose one or the other...forever...then I'll move and just hunt Elk
Old 01-17-2007, 05:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

High Country Mulies..
Old 01-17-2007, 05:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mule deer all the way.....just like the challenge they bring by being in some of the hardest places to get.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:49 PM

Big whitetails in the Southeast are pretty tough to kill with the long seasons and pressure they get !! It seems almost impossible to get one sometimes !! And it makes you appreciate them when you do get one !!

I have hunted mulie's out west and it was incredible hunting........spot and stalk with a bow seemed about as good as it gets !! I have hard time imagining that Iwould never do that again!!

But with the question at hand...........killing a big whitetail around here is the most challenging hunting I have ever been faced with !! So I would have to go with the illusive whitetail !!

Quick Reply: Mule Deer vs. White tail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.