HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Good News for Idaho Wolves!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/174760-good-news-idaho-wolves.html)

Muliefever 01-11-2007 02:34 PM

Good News for Idaho Wolves!!!

I copied this from the Idaho Statesman a few minutes ago. Can't wait to do my part!

Gov. Butch Otter told a crowd of more than 300 hunters he can't wait for a chance to hunt wolves in Idaho.
"I'm going to bid for the first ticket to shoot a wolf," Otter said to a cheering crowd.
A group, Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife, bused in hunters from across southern Idaho to rally for the removal of wolves from the federal government's Endangered Species list. Federal officials said late last month the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service intends to file a rule proposing delisting in Idaho and Montana by the end of the month.
The final decision could come within the next year.
Otter declared today as Idaho Sportsman's Day. He joked about the big crowd gathered on the steps of the Capitol.
"I'd say the ducks are pretty safe today," Otter said.

Idaho hunter 58 01-11-2007 02:47 PM

RE: Good News for Idaho Wolves!!!

keep your fingers crossed, nice post.

muley69 01-11-2007 08:18 PM

Defenders of Wildlife has already announced that they, and other oraganizations intend to sue on the basis that the wolf is still under represented in other areas. The fact is, the wolf will never be in all there traditional areas for obvious reasons, therefore, if the courts rule that the wolf cannot be delisted in Idaho and Montana do to under representation in other areas, the wolf will never get delisted. I wonder at the point if BB will be for SSS?

Phil from Maine 01-11-2007 08:30 PM

I wish you folks luck with getting the wolves delisted. We have a lawsuite against the state to try and stop trapping because of the Canadian Lynx.
Even though it is like comparing apples to oranges I still have to wounder where the heck they keep getting all the money to keep fighting us everywhere.

furgitter 01-12-2007 04:39 AM

The money comes mainly from donations.Larger cities have alot of money,and well meaning people willing to give up that money.The trouble is that the people giving up all the cash have no idea what is happening out here in the woods.Its a big country,so the folks see a tape of a harp seal getting harvested and it tuggs on there heartstrings.Every lie is 90% truth,and the tree huggers have it down to a science.

ShatoDavis 01-12-2007 07:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Phil from Maine

I wish you folks luck with getting the wolves delisted. We have a lawsuite against the state to try and stop trapping because of the Canadian Lynx.
Even though it is like comparing apples to oranges I still have to wounder where the heck they keep getting all the money to keep fighting us everywhere.

The money comes mainly from donations.Larger cities have alot of money,and well meaning people willing to give up that money.The trouble is that the people giving up all the cash have no idea what is happening out here in the woods.Its a big country,so the folks see a tape of a harp seal getting harvested and it tuggs on there heartstrings.Every lie is 90% truth,and the tree huggers have it down to a science.
Join SCI. Its the only organization with the money and clout to fight for our Rights as hunters. Everyone who belly aches about PETA or Friends of Animals, or Human Society or any other organization that is trying to take our rights away needs to join. If you don't you're not accomplishing anything. JOIN SCI!!!! It would be paramount to griping because the liberals are trying to take our guns but not joining the NRA.

MinnFinn 01-12-2007 09:05 PM

I think your giddy optimism is premature. Minnesotans who live in wolf country for the 30+ years they have been listed on the endangered species list, have tried for 10+ years since they met and have long since surpassed, now almost doubled their recovery goal for timber (gray) wolves in Minnesota.
Every time the DNR here and people with commonsense petition the feds to get them delisted, groups like the "Humane Society US, Sierra Club and just a lot of people that don't have a clue about what a wolf is or does do everything in the world to stop it. Then it all dies down for a few years and the whole process start over.
It ain't over buddy this delisting thing I guarantee it. I wish it were that easier. In this matter, your Gov. doesn't have the say so. Only the feds can do that and it ain't easy. Keep your powder dry. The talking bought killing the first wolf after they're delisted only give the pro-wolf fanatics more ammunition to block that from happening.