Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 I've changed me mind about wolves!! >

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Old 01-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default I've changed me mind about wolves!!

I've seen the evidence, heard countless stories, and watched this thing play out over time. I'm man enought to admit when I'm wrong, to change my stance on something important. I don't do it often but I feel it needs to happen here.

Whenwolves were first reintroduced my thinking was "this sucks but soon we'll be able to hunt and limit them. It won't be a big deal and maybe even cool to see a few while out in the wilderness" Now I realize the political agenda of the bunny huggin groups was to make sure wolves were never delisted and they would spread like wildfire and drop big game numbers dramatically which would in turn eliminate the need for human intervention in managing big game herds. That means no more hunting!! I do believe that was their agenda from the beginning and they have been playing it very well.

With that being said.....I support any elimination of wolves. Not because I believe they are some super predator....but because I believe they will be used politically to stop hunting and as long as wolves roam the woods our privilege of hunting will always be a debate in some court room some where. And I believe we will be fighting wolves and wolf politics for the rest of our days.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Your lack of knowledge on the biological issues at hand is apparent. Sadly, you've turned to a conspiracy theory to compensate for what you don't understand.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

S.S.S.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Your lack of knowledge on the biological issues at hand is apparent. Sadly, you've turned to a conspiracy theory to compensate for what you don't understand.
Exactly.

You all keep killing them off and I guarantee you that you will NEVER get a hunting season. Not to mention that youinstantly a fellon and a hypocrite.

For those of you that want nothing but to tear down the wolf there will always be someone there ready to jump in a build them back up. SSS is by no means the answer to the wolf problem.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:16 PM

SSS by the people is not an answer due to the amount and terrain that they are found in.

But you are not a hunter or an outdoorsman if you stand by them.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:19 PM

.... addition:

I never said SSS wasn't a good thing
Just not practical in really reducing numbers.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

BS Brutal, there are no biological issues, it's all political, and that was his point.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

I'm beginning to think that the whole 'wolf" thing was reintroduced to eliminatehunting as a whole,,sooner or later you would end up with wolf population explosion resulting in the depletion of game to the point where there would be so much of a reduction in wild game due to the result over kill by wolves that would only come down to a result of fewer and fewer hunting oppurtunities from man.
This is all a designed conspiracyby the nature conservatives, environmentalists and so forth.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:03 PM

I don't believe that they were introduced in order to stop hunting, but i definately do think that they were introduced to take down herd numbers, especially here in wisconsin, where the wolf packs are exploding everywhere. In necedah wildlife refuge, where we gun hunt, there are many wolves that have apparently taken down the herd. Up in Vilas county around star lake where we bow hunt and my family owns a cabin, there were big wolf tracks all over in the snow. And as you know, Wisconsin had the big CWD problem, and supposedly have way to huge of a deer herd (which i don't believe).

So do i think its political? No...Do i think the DNR is trying to keep healthy deer heards by introducing wolves to keep the numbers down? Absolutely

I bet you any WDNR officer would tell you that this is true.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:05 PM

Oh yeah, plus, if the wolf population explodes and the deer population fades, the wolves will then die out and the deer will come back. It would turn into a big cycle until it met equilibrium and slowly get to a point where they live both with sustainable numbers, but not too many. Very cyclical.

Quick Reply: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.