Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 I've changed me mind about wolves!! >

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Old 01-10-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Not to defend the wolf at all,but that deer looks tore up in the first picture.Even if the wolf did make the inital wound(not a truck) how did anyone think it should look.Nature is cruel,kill and eat or starve.Thats one of the leggs we as hunters can stand on anduse to explain to tree huggers,that hunting is more humane,and faster.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:33 PM

BB you're driving me insaine. Everyone here needs to understand a few things, it's really simple, i think all the thick headed idiots can understand too.

Many states once had "timber wolves", much smaller than their canadian grey cousins. About the same effect as having a few coyotes running around.

The grey wolf was thrown illegally apon us. Planted, dumped, take your pick.

They havedecimated elk herds in every state they were dumped on. Look up the numbers i am not going to waste my time doing it for you.

The grey wolf has no place here, and was thrown here. Illegally dumped! I don't see a promblem with removing them by any means, legal or illegal, because they themselves have to reason to be here.

Yes we will never most likely be completely rid of them, but that doesn't mean wecan't knock them down as much as possible to reduce their effect on our elk and deer population and hunting as we know it.

You are not a hunter, and have no defensive feelings towardsyour hunting future. My hunting future. Your kids hunting future.

Just because something is legal or illegal doesn't make it right or ethical. Sometimes you have to step to one side of the line or the other, depending on how important that thing is to you.

For myself, and the other real hunters who are invested in OUR hunting future,we have made that choice.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

The grey wolf was thrown illegally apon us. Planted, dumped, take your pick.

They havedecimated elk herds in every state they were dumped on. Look up the numbers i am not going to waste my time doing it for you.

The grey wolf has no place here, and was thrown here. Illegally dumped! I don't see a promblem with removing them by any means, legal or illegal, because they themselves have to reason to be here.

Yes we will never most likely be completely rid of them, but that doesn't mean wecan't knock them down as much as possible to reduce their effect on our elk and deer population and hunting as we know it
What you and most everyone else here doesn't seem to understand is that none of this matters at this point. What matters is that you work with the people that are in charge of making up your states laws and get them delisted so that you can kill them legally because doing it the way that you are all talking about will get you absolutely no where with any one thatis in the positionto actually get the laws changed.

You are not a hunter, and have no defensive feelings towardsyour hunting future. My hunting future. Your kids hunting future.
So now I am not a hunter becauseI choose toobey the current laws concernig the wolf.

Poach if you like but I won't.

As long as you keep "knocking them down" they will stay listed as endangered in the lower 48.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Typical Buck

The grey wolf of southern BC is no different than the wolf in Idaho. He just went for a walk. Same wolf different day.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:00 PM

Join SCI and get in the fight; instead of yelling from the bleachers. nuf said!
Old 01-10-2007, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: tangozulu

The grey wolf of southern BC is no different than the wolf in Idaho. He just went for a walk. Same wolf different day.
That is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. Congrats.

And BB you can do what you want, I don't care.

Oh, and de-listing is a joke, by the time that happens it will be too late.Youreally are thick headed idiot if that's what you are waiting for.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:44 PM

geesh you guys are taking this personally. relax a bit.

coming across as very childish.

From my personal experience here, as stated previously by a fellow wisconsinian, who also is seeing tremendous wolf increases, herds aren't really being effected too bad. Wisconsin is seeing growth with TIMBERWOLF numbers, and im sure we are getting some of that canadian Grey wolf as well.

This appears to not be a nationwide epidemic that is worthy of getting so worked up against.

but if you are concerned, do what shato is saying and take legal action by supporting organizations like SCI, instead of getting so frustrated that name calling results.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:48 PM

Or better yet, write your congressmen!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:06 PM

ORIGINAL: pdoughertyMU

geesh you guys are taking this personally. relax a bit.

coming across as very childish.

From my personal experience here, as stated previously by a fellow wisconsinian, who also is seeing tremendous wolf increases, herds aren't really being effected too bad. Wisconsin is seeing growth with TIMBERWOLF numbers, and im sure we are getting some of that canadian Grey wolf as well.

This appears to not be a nationwide epidemic that is worthy of getting so worked up against.

but if you are concerned, do what shato is saying and take legal action by supporting organizations like SCI, instead of getting so frustrated that name calling results.
There are only three things that warrant fighting in the west, water, women, and wolves. Believe me, emotions run high.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:59 PM

My hunting future is something i take very personally. I don't care if Wisconsin is doing dandy, good for you. Idaho, Montana, Washington, Wyoming... ect, are not doing so well.

Quick Reply: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.