Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 I've changed me mind about wolves!! >

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Old 01-06-2007, 08:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

If you think that the yearlings are the only ones taken, think again and take a walk in the wolds and let me know what you think after you start finding carcasses. After the rut the yearlings are no longer the weak ones. In fact, they are stronger than your older bucks/bulls at this point. They took the time to eat in late fall. Here in Idaho a big percentage of the kills in late fall and early winter are bigger bulls. They have been running their buts of chasing cows and are the last to leave when the snows hit, making them VERY vulnerable. A BIG percentage of the elk found dead here are bulls after the snow melts.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:10 AM

just a note- im not saying they won't take down the herd a lot, because i know the herd will be greatly effected in a negative sense.

and don't know about other states, but i know 20+ years ago the dnr was actuallypaying people to shoot wolves for this same purpose, because the hunting industry brought in so much revenue. this is what caused the native wolves to be eradicated like that and dissapear. They would give 10-20 dollars for every adult, and 5- 10 for every pup.

i think the wolf is a very cool animal, and just putting out poison everywhere would be rediculous, unless there is some system that will only get wolves and nothing else.

I wouldn't disagree with shooting them, like start a season like the coyote season here (which actually is year round) but shooting to the point of eradication again i would totally not agree with.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still see lots of deer sign in areas where there are wolves.I think the deer are alot more wary of every step they take though.Makes them harder to hunt.Im not so worried about deer numbers,as i am myself.Sometimes i wonder if that makes any sence at all realy.Ive dove with 50-60 sharks,held swarms of killer bees,and dont mind crawling under a house to grab a rattlesnake.But you mention WOLF, and the hair on my neck stands up.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:43 PM
DM

I lived with them for a long time, it didn't take long to figure out what to do when i saw one....

DM
Old 01-08-2007, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

Canada........................especially BC and Alberta have tons of elk, moose, sheep etc and lots of wolves too.
Stop sweating the small stuff.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:23 AM
DM

Canada........................especially BC and Alberta have tons of elk, moose, sheep etc and lots of wolves too.
Your compareing apples to oranges BECAUSE of the HUGE difference in the amount of area they (the animials) have to live in.

It's NO "small stuff" when you have to live in an area and see the game population dwindle while the wolf population is explodeing and destroying your hunting area's...

DM
Old 01-08-2007, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: DM

Your compareing apples to oranges BECAUSE of the HUGE difference in the amount of area they (the animials) have to live in.

It's NO "small stuff" when you have to live in an area and see the game population dwindle while the wolf population is explodeing and destroying your hunting area's...

DM
Agreed. The comparison to Canada is ridiclous, not even close to being the same habitat andpopulation dynamics of the US Rockies. Elk populations are indeed dwindling, and biologist are starting to agree that it is happening. Additionally, western prey in the US are not adapted to predation by wolves.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Listen I'm sick and tired of all the belly aching!

A couple of weeks ago I give you guys an idea on how to have your voice heard. Did any of you listen/ follow my advice? I'm guessing not. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

Join SCI that stands for Safari Club International. they are a very large and very wealthy organization that has the resources needed to fight this battle. They have EXTREMELY SKILLED LAWYERS on staff.

Now once you've joined SCI, talk to the representative who will be going to the national convention in Reno in a few weeks. Ask this rep. to support any motions to the effect of getting Wolves off the endangered list and opening seasons on them. I know that it will be brought up because I've got personal assurances that it will.

If we get SCI's lawyer and money involved we may stand a chance on this pest.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:18 AM
DM

Have you considered just NOT READING the post that bother you????

DM
Old 01-09-2007, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

A couple of weeks ago I give you guys an idea on how to have your voice heard. Did any of you listen/ follow my advice? I'm guessing not. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about:

Join SCI that stands for Safari Club International. they are a very large and very wealthy organization that has the resources needed to fight this battle. They have EXTREMELY SKILLED LAWYERS on staff.

Now once you've joined SCI, talk to the representative who will be going to the national convention in Reno in a few weeks. Ask this rep. to support any motions to the effect of getting Wolves off the endangered list and opening seasons on them. I know that it will be brought up because I've got personal assurances that it will.

If we get SCI's lawyer and money involved we may stand a chance on this pest.
Sure, for all our states? How long, 10,20, maybe 30 years?
Where do i sign?

[&o]

Quick Reply: I've changed me mind about wolves!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.