Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question? >

Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Old 12-17-2006, 03:59 PM

Default RE: Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

There are 2 extremes. One says to leave the wolves be and the other is to kill them all. I'm sorry but the latter is just as bad as the first.

To answer your questions, IEI....
#1 I deffinately support and would vote for a wolf season.
#2 I would not support any form of SSS as it is illegal and seems to be a tad extreme. But, like I said in the BH forum, you and I live in totally different areas and the issues with the wolves are not the same here as they are out West.

Old 12-17-2006, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lead poisoner

Kill them all is what I say outside of national parks. They serve no purpose to us outside the parks. If you wanna see them as they really are. Go to yellowstone park.
I agree with lp. If they were introduced to control populations of elk and deer that were out of control it would be one thing. A lot of what I have seen as an easterner is that tags and such for the deer and elk were already at a premium out there. They could have expanded those programs but decided not to. We are predators too, was another needed to control populations, no. The gov didn’t want hunting in their parks so the introduction of the wolf was their option, stupid as it was. If it is out side of a park though I think it ought to be open season. The game, not to mention livestock, the wolf kills is money right out of the tax payers pocket in decreased hunting fees and hunting guides jobs. What is the wolf going to give back to the community?

mello
Old 12-17-2006, 04:29 PM

#1- YES. I think keeping them protected is foolish. Hunting is by far the best management tool we have at our disposal.
#2- YES. I'd just look for a collar before I shot. If the US Fish and Wildlife service won't delist them, sportsmen and ranchers have to step in to save livestock and wildlife. I think SSS already happens more than most people realize. But I personally have never seen a wolf when I was hunting- I go to areas where the wolves haven't made it yet.

Old 12-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Hmmm
I have had a self issue tag here in Montana for Wolffor years, However I have failed to fill it. Think that about sums it up.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone is scared of something i guess.I HATE SPIDERS!!! but i dont mind snakes.Even cobras,pythons,anacondas.I think wolves do scare me.I do support wolf seasion. I wont do the s.s.s. myself but when i hear about it,or see it i mind my own bussiness.Im not loosing my hunting priv. over that.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: furgitter
Everyone is scared of something i guess.
The true story is in this day and age they just don't work here.(Wolves)With the out of state influences buying up land by the milesand posting it for their personal use, combined with the wolves we are running out of places to hunt.I am not, nor will Iever be a multi millionaire and can't buy my own chunk of this state. The last great place isn't anymore.
Myself, I think I have seen my last Montana hunt as the competition is getting to great. I am moving to the last frontier (AK), which is also changing from outside influences, however there is so much vast space up here I won't see it get over run like Montana has in my lifetime.
Scared....you bet. So much so I am moving.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hay Bob, I know what youre talking about.I guess we know what the natives were feeling back in the early years.Im not ready to leave Wisconsin yet,but most people here in my town have never gone 200 miles in any direction.They havent seen a concrete jungle where our way of life only exists in stories about the old days.Tell someone there you kill-butcher-and eat venison,and they just dont understand.And how could they,all they know is fed to them via television(90210) and vidio games.Parents both work,and the housing assn.tells you what color your curtains have to be in your house.These are the people who supported re-introduction of wolves.I think i know the type pretty well.I hear it all day long.(I want theOppossums gone but we like to watch the foxes,so dont catch those)I wonder how many of them would be wolf lovers if it was skunks we were talking about.SameSame right? Its all wildlife.Sure,there would be a few squawking about it,but most people could care less if we killed every skunk in the world.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:51 AM

Double yes, Montana Bob is right on the money. Perhaps it's time to put two and two togather. My personal belief is that this is a well crafted, if not ingeous plan to take a serious swipe at hunters, orchestrated by anti-hunting coalitions and their members. We have been out thought, and out manuevered. The USFS introduces a non-native species, a super predator. Mean while, the USFS continues to decommission roads, while refusing to build new ones into the mountains. Existing roads are being closed for vast periods of time over the winter as well. Push the people out and limit access is the rule of thumb for one federal agency, while another federal agency fills the void with a super predator, and the hunter is left with nothing. Personally, my opinoin of the USFS is that they have no constitutional right to own vast tracks of land, and therfore NO constitutional authority over those said tracks of land. I do not reconize any USFS regulation. I no longer buy a wood cutting permit, a christmas tree permit, or any mineral permit. I also will rip out a gate in a NY minute.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hay muley69 I am probobly thaught by most to be a paranoid person.But that whole conspiracy thing has me wondering how many days its been since youve slept.
ORIGINAL: muley69

Double yes, Montana Bob is right on the money. Perhaps it's time to put two and two togather. My personal belief is that this is a well crafted, if not ingeous plan to take a serious swipe at hunters, orchestrated by anti-hunting coalitions and their members. We have been out thought, and out manuevered. The USFS introduces a non-native species, a super predator. Mean while, the USFS continues to decommission roads, while refusing to build new ones into the mountains. Existing roads are being closed for vast periods of time over the winter as well. Push the people out and limit access is the rule of thumb for one federal agency, while another federal agency fills the void with a super predator, and the hunter is left with nothing. Personally, my opinoin of the USFS is that they have no constitutional right to own vast tracks of land, and therfore NO constitutional authority over those said tracks of land. I do not reconize any USFS regulation. I no longer buy a wood cutting permit, a christmas tree permit, or any mineral permit. I also will rip out a gate in a NY minute.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:25 AM

Bang!

Quick Reply: Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.