Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question? >

Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

Old 12-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wolf, to shoot or not to shoot, that is the question?

I was doing some studying in 1997-1998 there were 2450 mutts in minnesota. It was estimated that the wolves killed 36,750 to 49,000 deer in that time period. They can eat up to 22.5 pounds of food per day. Well I for one am outraged couldnt stand the mutts before, and now I really hate them. I just wished we could rid ourselves of the problem once and for all but will never happen here. Way to many liberal, fruitcake, latte sipping,treehugging freaks in this state. Too bad to nice area maybe we can put all of the discribed above people/wolves somewhere far away from smart decent people and they and the wolves can live in harmony.

P.s for all the people that say thereisn't that many wolves here I hunt alot of bear and between driving and hunting I see more wolves in a year then I do bear. They are getting brave just a week ago I was coming home from fishing and one ran across the road in front of me just100 yards from a house in daylight hours stopped just inside the woods and staredback at me. hope it was a tree huggers house andmaybe he stole there****-zu too

Old 12-31-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont black bears kill and eat deer too?
ORIGINAL: bigiron

I was doing some studying in 1997-1998 there were 2450 mutts in minnesota. It was estimated that the wolves killed 36,750 to 49,000 deer in that time period. They can eat up to 22.5 pounds of food per day. Well I for one am outraged couldnt stand the mutts before, and now I really hate them. I just wished we could rid ourselves of the problem once and for all but will never happen here. Way to many liberal, fruitcake, latte sipping,treehugging freaks in this state. Too bad to nice area maybe we can put all of the discribed above people/wolves somewhere far away from smart decent people and they and the wolves can live in harmony.

P.s for all the people that say thereisn't that many wolves here I hunt alot of bear and between driving and hunting I see more wolves in a year then I do bear. They are getting brave just a week ago I was coming home from fishing and one ran across the road in front of me just100 yards from a house in daylight hours stopped just inside the woods and staredback at me. hope it was a tree huggers house andmaybe he stole there****-zu too

Old 12-31-2006, 05:56 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: furgitter

Dont black bears kill and eat deer too?
ORIGINAL: bigiron

Not regularly. Mostly eat berrys and such.

Old 01-01-2007, 12:40 PM

Wolf Issue:

If hunting of wolves becomes legal in Montana, Idaha and Wyoming like I believe it will in the next few years, I will be applying for tags. That being said, I would not, nor will I ever support a grass roots society going out and shooting wolves or any other game animal because they feel that it is hurting the hunting of the species they choose to believe is far superior. Under our current conservation mindset in this country, if you all want to make a difference, buy some wolf collars, buy some elk collars and support grass roots research and real science so that our game managers in the respective states can make some real decisions about what is best for the citizens and the animals of Montana, Idaho and Wyoming!

Just my two cents!

Old 01-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

here is my 2 cents

i am absolutely for shooting wolves. not because i believe the other game i hunt is superior. i for shooting wolves because i know people who have had encounters with wolves some turned out ok and others certainly did not. now the last time i checked i didn't know ANYBODY that went out hunting and was worried about the elk attacking them, harrassing their livestock, or endangering their family. i know many many people that live with this worry because of the wolf.

i know other states have wolves and some say they are a problem and others say they aren't, but in idaho they no longer have a place here. there are more people here than ever before and we are more spread out, which increases the chance of wolf encounters. so people want to shoot wolves because they are killing game and too me that is fine, but if you want to argue that competition isn't a good enough reason, then protecting our families should be. if you don't agree that your family is the most important thing in this world then your are an idiot!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:46 PM

Wolves I've let go as well as coyotes. I was tempted to shoot coyotes however.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fight is on, even our govenor is behind us and want them shot. If someone got caught and he pardend them that would be awesome. Actions speak louder than words at this point.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:22 PM

A governor can't issue a pardon for a federal offense.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wrestling back from the feds and wolf zealots control over managing the wolf population back to where it belongs at the state wildlife department’s level is where is has to start. All the talk about doing any other baloney on your own illegally is just that. It only gives ammunition to the anti-hunters and wolf zealots to keep the wolves listed and on the ES act list.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:52 PM

The feds suck, it is a states right to manage wildlife. Our govenor is behind hunters, and he wants some control on wolves. Wyomingfiled suit and the feds are now trying to compromise over the issue. This tells me they are going to lose! Screw em!