Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Show me your ram pics.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Show me your ram pics.

Awsome sheep there Bob. I hope the photo resize still does the pic justice.
Congrats.
Your bighorn is way better than mine so far. (I don't have one thoght have been along on successful hunts)

ORIGINAL: Colorado Bob

tango----I'm e-mailing my ram photo to your yahoo address. Can you post it here. He's a good ram but not nearly as nice as your 2. CB

Old 12-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

So Hemi, you got that beaut back from the embalmers yet?

Old 12-09-2006, 07:39 PM

Tango,

Glad to see your still doing well! As for the Ram he is hanging on the living room wall!! Looks great! Memories that will last a lifetime!

Old 12-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Fork Horn

Hemi - long time no see!

Did you get out this year for another sheep endeavor, or head up towards Chetwynd for moose?
Although I didnt get out for sheep, I did make it up for moose and tagged an immy. Got a couple other nice animals this year - but next year will be cool, already all booked in for a Stone's hunt! Cant wait. Like you, gunna start the grand slam!

Any plans for next year?

Regards
Old 12-10-2006, 10:10 AM

Agaucher,

Good to hear from you!

This year was a dissapointing year in the hunting end of things! I started my own welding company this early fall and I was so busy that I had very little time to get out hunting. I did however manage a few trips out in the back fourty here at home with the kids and missed a chance at a 360 class Bull elk with both kids at my side! That was pretty awesome having them with me, my daughter who is 6 cow called him in with her voice! I did get a bunch of elk including 9 different bulls on video. No sheep hunts no moose hunts!! Next year is looking good as I will pipeline all winter and hangout for the summer and fall!

Have a good holliday season!
Old 12-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

Hemi thanks for sharing. That is one good lookin mount.
Sure know about the too busy this year. I too managed to get up close and personal with 3 legal elk (6by6) but didn't pull the pin. Watched one 330-340 bull for an hour at 30 yards in the thick stuff, but let him walk as it was gettin pretty dark, and I hate butcherin meat in the dark with so many grizzlies around now a days. Still lots of fun, passed on a couple of 250 class bulls that were just too easy. My little girl loved the crib in the wall tent, and a bath in the kitchen sink though.
tz
Old 12-16-2006, 09:44 PM

Tango,

I find great enjoyment with my kids daughter aged 7, son aged 5 with me in the great outdoors! they love every minute of it! The memories we have from this past season will stick with me forever. We just purchased a quarter section of ranch land near where we live now that is home periodically to 75-125 Elk. We cant wait to move in! A lake on the property with brooke trout etc... We are very fortuneate to live where we live!

Everyone have a great, safe holliday season! Hug a child! They will remember it for life!
Old 12-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Typical Buck

Awsome Hemi,

I asume your in the OK, which is producing some nice elk after all the fires. The next few years will be great.
Have a Great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

tz
Old 12-17-2006, 09:39 PM

Tango,

I am located up out of the South Okanogan between the Kootenays and the Okanogan Valley. Boundary country. Our back fence is the Canada/US border. . There have been a number of fires that definitely help the elk out by way of regen grass lands. The elk herds here are thriveing. With a 6 point or better season and a minimal Limited Entry cow harvest each season the herds are growing. Not much by way of predators in the area, although I did hear wolves and cut sign amonth or so ago and they are not common in this area. I guess they followed the Elk into the region.
The following is GPS location of our ranch. May be of interest if you have google earth or a topo.

N 49* 01'00.1"
W 119*03'25.2"
Old 12-18-2006, 12:21 AM
Fork Horn

Hemi, do elk hang out that south all the time or only winter in your area? is the country like grand forks? Ive hunted GF for whitetail, and seen turkeys, muleys, and grizz - but never elk!

Quick Reply: Show me your ram pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.