Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 had my first major injury on annual elk hunt. >

had my first major injury on annual elk hunt.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

had my first major injury on annual elk hunt.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: had my first major injury on annual elk hunt.

My grandpa was elk hunting in colorado a few years ago. He was using a 3 ton wench to put an elk up in a tree. the branch broke and the wench fell and hit him in the head. He was knocked unconcious and his friends found him and took him to the hospital. He got 35 stiches and was mule deer huntin the next day[&:]
Old 01-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Default RE: had my first major injury on annual elk hunt.

there is a new product called QR POWDER get it at cabela's
The claims are that it will " even stop the bleeding associate with complete transection of the FEMORAL ARTERY.....pretty heady stuff but I saw the actual video of a pig being used as a "patient" in a US army video where they transected his(pigs) femoral artery and it stopped the bleeding and saved his bacon er.... the patient...

It workes both by being positivley charged and cross binding with the negative charges of our red blood cells thus locking them together it also has a astringent characteristic that extracts the water and dehydrates the blood...

The femoral artery is the largest in the human body..and if this product(s) can stop that kind of bleeding it CAN save your life.Used in conjunction with a good pressure bandage it is something that doesnt take up much space but can be THE most important item in any back country first aid kit.

The other amazing property about these product(s) is it is completely reversable..once in a surgical situation and the appropriate sutures have been put in place and volume expanders and blood products have been given the surgeon can irrigate the "clot" made from these products and totally disolve the blockage and resume normal blood flow.....

Pretty cool stuff
I will have it on me at all times now even in my Truck