Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Mo. Deer season this weekend >

Mo. Deer season this weekend

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mo. Deer season this weekend

Old 11-07-2006, 12:21 PM

Default Mo. Deer season this weekend

Well,

Firearms season opens this saturday in my home state of Missouri. I'm looking forward to it of course. I'm looking forward to the comradery of the "deer camp". Though the anticipation has certainly diminished over the years. I've seen a nice 10 point buck during my scouting that I would estimate to be over 150". I'm actually hoping that my boy kills him instead of me, though I certainly wont pass him up if he comes in range. Its funny how priorities change over the years.

I'll be packing my newly completed 6.5-284. I'm hoping to crack the ice with it, I took it along for my antelope hunt but never even loaded a round. I need to draw blood with it soon before the hibbie jibbies start to jinx it as "bad jewjew". I'm not superstitious or anything but isn't it funny how when you carry certain weapons you always seem to kill nice game, while other seem to bring bad luck. Okay, so I am superstitious. Good news, is that I can always pull out the 280 if the jewjew gets too serious.

I got suckered in again this year. I swore I wouldn't fall for the newest doe in heat lure, or grunt tube, or whatever came along this year. Yet, there I was at the store picking up my tag when I saw the "Buck Roar". Its the new hot thing don't ya know. If you don't have one, there is no way you will ever kill a big buck. So another $20 is burnt, well 30 actually because I was clean out of super duper red hot doe in heat urine in convient gel formula.Well, actually 35 because I bought the boy some plain ole regular doe in heat (he can't handle super duper red hot doe urine). Well, actually 55 because I couldn't remember where my Primo's "CAN" is. You know that feller in ohio called in a 240" buck with just the "CAN" (the betty buck I think). Darn I'm stupid!

Old 11-07-2006, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Mo. Deer season this weekend

Great post. Hope that you tag out on a monster buck while using your 'buck roar' and 'can' calls. I tell my wife (and myself) that if I buy this one otherthing, I will not need anything else, she justrolls her eyes[8D]. Venison and/or Elk per pound ALWAYS goes up every season.

Chief's season tickets? Plasma TVs? No thanks, I buy hunting equipment...
Old 11-07-2006, 02:22 PM

Default RE: Mo. Deer season this weekend

ORIGINAL: Bigwapitijohnny

Chief's season tickets? ...
Did you hear about the guy who got mugged for having two season tickets to the Chiefs on the dash of his truck? Yeah they beat the hell out of him and threw two more tickets in the truck. LOL