Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Montana Bob Off 2 Alaska 4 2 Years Little Help. >

Montana Bob Off 2 Alaska 4 2 Years Little Help.

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Montana Bob Off 2 Alaska 4 2 Years Little Help.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:01 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Montana Bob Off 2 Alaska 4 2 Years Little Help.

If you head up this way you should spend a day or two around Delta Junction. If you like the rural lifestyle you might just enjoy Delta. It has more of a Montana rural feel with a fair amount of agricultural land around the community. If you come through Fairbanks be sure to book a night up at Chena Hot Springs. The northern lights up there can be downright phenomenal.The Hot Springs areabout 50 miles northeast of Fairbanks on a well maintained road.

Bartlett's books are a great resource. If you want even more info you should check out his forum through his website, Pristine Ventures. Lots of AK info in there and a good place for a newbie to start asking questions.

While you're in Anchorage you should swing into the Wiggy's Alaska store and talk to Marc Taylor. Marc's a great guy to kick back and have a cup of coffee with and shoot the breeze. Just don't spend too much time playing withthe Wiggy'sgear, or you'll want it all.

Good luck with the research. There's a lot to learn, but there's a lot of people that will help you if you ask the right questions.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:53 AM

Feel free to PM me as well, Bob. I am not a seasoned Alaskan hunter (something I hope to change), but I can get you into some good saltwater fishing next spring/summer. I'd be happy to take you along.

In the mean time, there are plenty of places you can get some range time in. There are two rifle/pistol ranges near Anchorage, and an indoor pistol range in Palmer.

If you are driving up the Alaska Highway (I've done it twice), I recommend getting a few books-on-tape. Listening to a couple of books is a great way to eat up some road. Unlike music, that you can drown out and become sleepy, books require you to pay attention and stay alert.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guy's for the info.
I will shoot you an email when I get ready to start driving around. I am going to read as much as I can so when the weather gets a little better I will have a bunch of places to check out.
Thanks Again
Old 11-16-2006, 12:59 PM

Hey bob send posts not postcards. Been hunting there 3 times and your going to love it .Montana was big and wild till I got to ak., nowmontana lookslike cental park .There's no horse trail on every ridge and valley.There is game that is impossable to get to too hunt.