HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   caribou taxidermist? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/158816-caribou-taxidermist.html)

11pt 10-08-2006 11:06 PM

caribou taxidermist?

i live in southern illinois and im looking for a taxidermist that will do a good job on a caribou and is within about a 300 mile radius. i know there are plenty of taxidermists that have caribou on their price lists but that doesnt necessarily mean they can do a good job with one. i would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a good experience with any taxidermists that do caribou. thanks!!!

smokeman 10-08-2006 11:12 PM

RE: caribou taxidermist?

ORIGINAL: 11pt

i live in southern illinois and im looking for a taxidermist that will do a good job on a caribou and is within about a 300 mile radius. i know there are plenty of taxidermists that have caribou on their price lists but that doesnt necessarily mean they can do a good job with one. i would appreciate hearing from anyone who has had a good experience with any taxidermists that do caribou. thanks!!!
Did a caribou die at the zoo and they gave you the carcass??Or you did an exotic cage hunt??

younggun308 10-09-2006 07:16 AM

I don't think that it would make a difference.Somebody can correct me if i'm wrong butif they have mounted elk than I think they should be able to mount a caribou without a problem.

I must say i'm also curious as to how you got that caibou when you live in Illinois.

11pt 10-09-2006 12:56 PM

younggun - thanks, i figured that if they had done other big game they could do a caribou (probably very similar) but id still like to get some references....not all taxidermists are created equal.....

as for how i got the caribou....not sure if you guys are yanking my chain but here's the story:
I booked a hunt
drove to quebec
shot two caribou
brought them home

i know, i know.....sounds far fetched....but it turns out, people do it all the time, and they don't even have fences up there! the caribou are, like, wild and stuff

moosehunter21 10-09-2006 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: 11pt

younggun - thanks, i figured that if they had done other big game they could do a caribou (probably very similar) but id still like to get some references....not all taxidermists are created equal.....

as for how i got the caribou....not sure if you guys are yanking my chain but here's the story:
I booked a hunt
drove to quebec
shot two caribou
brought them home

i know, i know.....sounds far fetched....but it turns out, people do it all the time, and they don't even have fences up there! the caribou are, like, wild and stuff
Wow how wild is that! LOL!