Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 DIY archery hunt, Routt Nat. Forest CO? >

DIY archery hunt, Routt Nat. Forest CO?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DIY archery hunt, Routt Nat. Forest CO?

Old 09-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: DIY archery hunt, Routt Nat. Forest CO?

Oh were certainly open for any and all sugestions. Been kicking around putting in fora draw hunt on the Missouri breaks and if we dont get drawn, doing an OTC hunt.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buckshot

Huh, the BLM land I see, has Juniper Hot Springs, Horse Gulch and Round Bottem is3 miles wide at the most, is that what your looking at?
I wasn't looking at those quadrangles in particular, I was just guesstimating. But, yes, that's what I mean. There is also the Juniper Mountain quadrangle. Quadrangles, or Quads, are 6 miles wide and 8 miles long. So, since unit 211 angles through the quads, I'm guessingthat mountain rangeto be around 30 miles. Get it?
Old 09-15-2006, 08:29 AM
Typical Buck

lol, I think so, from what I see the BLM land is very wide, just not deep, of course alot of wether it will be loaded with hunters is access, Ill have to study terraserver and see what the road access is like. You might want to check out www.monstermuleys.com , there is just a ton of info about elk and elk hunting and some specificly on 211. Just do a search and be sure to include the archives.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool beans! Thanks!

Hey, what do you think about all of us joing up and going out together?? We all just might have a caterwaulin', whampin' good time!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 AM

Monie I tried to pm you or email. I have hunted 211 with bow. shot a nice 5x6 and had very close encounter with no shot the following year. I have knowledge and am looking to go that way next year, There are some tricks to hunting that unit that I will not go into on the general site. This unit does see more pressure than what the stats claim lots o ranch land private buy your elk hunting.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Monie, that may work, of course we have to settle on where and when were hunting, heck with all the info out there, this could go on till febuary .

Mtisfullofit, drop me a pm if you like, Id be really interested in what you have to say. I was thinking about the private land deal when I saw the harvest rates, just seems a little to good to be true when the rates are pushing 50% for one area and down around 10-20 for the rest. Thank you in advance
Old 09-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't get a pm or email. Hmmm..... here's my email: [email protected]

Where do you live? Are you going by yourself or with buddies?
Old 09-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Until february, with all the info I was thinking more like june! lol

I suggest we go out there early to mid september, that way we should be smack in the middle of the rut...if the elk and nature coopreate.

As far as the unit, I'm sure it will be the best informed guess we can make.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:57 AM
Fork Horn

Monie, I do go through Kokomo Quite often as I visit family up North. I use a archery shop here in Lafayette simply b/c it's the only one close. Any good ones in Kokomo?
Old 09-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BGHUNTER00

Monie, I do go through Kokomo Quite often as I visit family up North. I use a archery shop here in Lafayette simply b/c it's the only one close. Any good ones in Kokomo?
Heck YA! Full Draw Archery. It's at the corner of Morgan and Davis. Ste. B, in the V-Lines parking area. They've got a 20 yd range that will accomodate 20 people. The bow tech/co-owneris awesome! He'll work on your bow and charge very little, unlike a lot of shops. He's truly there to help people, not make a fast buck.

When you comeup 31, turn west(right) on Morgan. Davis is about 1.5 miles down the road. RR tracks run right in front of the shop. Turn right, into the parking lot, and you're there. Watch your step when you go in. It's half ramp, half steps. Some people think it's all ramp and miss a step. I've told them they need to fix it, but....what can you do?

Anyway, I hope you come to the shop. It's a great place to shoot and just hang out and watch videos or b.s.. If you want, you can tell them I sent you...my nameIS Monie. Itsounds like Bonnie.

Quick Reply: DIY archery hunt, Routt Nat. Forest CO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.