Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Alaskan Hunt Photos

Old 09-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default Alaskan Hunt Photos

Just thought I'd share a few photos from some hunting trips in Alaska this fall. The first kill of the season came courtesy of of my wife's 91 year old great grandfather. He ventured up to Alaska from his ranch in central Montana for his first hunt in the Great Land. It took some hiking through the tundra, but we got him lined up on a great bull and he tagged him at just a hair over 400 yards with his trusty .270. Talk about a tough ol' coot!!!

Old 09-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Alaskan Hunt Photos

Nice...
Old 09-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Fork Horn

Another shot of Roy's bull...

Old 09-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

As we were cleaning Roy's bull out we spotted another bull on the move closer to the river. I had to run about a thousand yards through the tundra to try and cut him off at a bend in the river. Luckily it worked, even though the run through that crap just about killed me. No ground shrinkage here...

Old 09-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Fork Horn

Later that evening we were able to get my father-in-law lined up on this double shoveled monster. Talk about ahawg for your first caribou. He definitely got spoiled with this one...

Old 09-09-2006, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

All told our group of eight took six bulls with several opportunities to take more. Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the other bulls...they were all smaller anyway. It was a pretty awesome trip and the fact that we got great-grandpa out there slayin' 'bou made it even better.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

The good luck didn't stop there. The second day of moose season I was able to bag this guy. He's no 60" whopper, but a respectable bull nonetheless. It took two full days and six 100+ pound pack loads in my Badlands 4500 to get this guy out of the woods. Alaska aint for the faint of heart...or weak in the legs!!!

Old 09-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry some of those pictures are so grainy. Sizing them to fit this forum really distorted them.

If the weather and the water levels cooperate I'm going to try and keep my streak alive with a float hunt for grizzly bear in a couple of weeks. Provided it's a success I'll add the pictures here.

AK Jeff
Old 09-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

looks like you guys had a great hunt. especially with getting the family involved. did you use a guide or diy?
Old 09-09-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome Deal there Jeff. that's livin' the high life. I'm jealous as hell

Quick Reply: Alaskan Hunt Photos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.