Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

I want to CRY

Old 09-09-2006, 10:00 PM

Default RE: I want to CRY

How about leaving the atv at home?
Old 09-10-2006, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

NOW there's a great way tointroduce yourself. I can't wait to see what other great comments you have![8D]
Old 09-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bridger
WHY?
Here is my reasons for my ATV use.
1.My huntingarea'sare connected with forest service roads.Seems every out of state Gilligan feels the need to road hunt and will drive 5 miles an hour with out pulling over to let those of us who have a place to go get there. I wave as I pass them just like my LITTLE MAN avatar.
2. I am able to cover 5 times more of my hunting area's if ones not panning out as I can go quite a bit faster with my atv. Time is of the essence when hunting.
3. I can drive all day if need befor under 5 bucks.
4. There was a fire back a few years ago around here and the dead tree's that are falling all over the place make it unpassable for most vehicles, me with my atv can get around them or just winch them out of the way.
5. ATV= All terrain vehicle. It's made for off road use. Some of these roads I would not want to take any thing I own on them except for my atv.It allows me to get places others can't or won't.
So this is why my atv is with me most of the time when I go hunting around my house.

Old 09-10-2006, 11:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Montana Bob:

The same thing happened to a friend of mine last year. Every time he strapped his bow to his ATV the pins would move and change his POI due to vibration. He rigged up a SKB bow case to his ATV, and it solved his problem. Good luck.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:14 AM

I packed my bow in and I may have had a problem with my sites or rest. I shot at a cow that I ranged at 40 yards. I hit the tree behind her. I saw her duck, but it may have been after the arrow hit the tree. My second shot I ranged a tree at 30 yards that was just in front of the calf I shot. I put the 30 yard pin on her and nailed her. The only problem is that when I found the blood trail and my arrow, they were at about 42 yards. The hight was exactly where I aimed. I seem to be hitting 10 yards high. It happens to us all. I am going to put a mark with nail polish on all my movable components so I know when they are off.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Bob that sucks,I know your fustration.
BBJ
Old 09-11-2006, 02:11 PM

Murphy must have been an elk hunter .Murphys law and elk hunting mean the same thing.Good luck next shot.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry to hear that! I just hope one of these days I am fortunate enough to get an arrow off period! Hey man, you also have some great pics!
Old 09-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: G-Dawg_02
Sorry to hear that! I just hope one of these days I am fortunate enough to get an arrow off period! Hey man, you also have some great pics!
Thanks,
I have just as much fun shooting things with my camera as with weapons........ Well almost.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Typical Buck

You'd make a great partner for the guy I hunted with opening weekend here in CO. He got three shots on the 2nd day. One at a 6x6, one at a 6x7, and one at a small 5x5, and he went home empty handed!! Although, we never found out yet is his equipment was at fault, or his nerves!!
Can I hunt with ya next year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.