Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

bear hunting

Old 08-12-2006, 03:51 PM
Spike

Default RE: Is Bear hunting with a dog ethical?

CI since you did not read or as you say understand my post I will spell it out more for your. I didn't call you a peta member, I said this could be peta bait. Why even start a post like this. The seperation of the hunting community in a whole will be its downfall. I don't care if you are member of DU or FU. There are just as many anti's watching these forum as hunters. I understand you have the choice to shut up and listen what you lack is the ability.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:49 PM

I dont think hunting with dogs is unethical it is a way of bear hunting just like baiting and calling. I have to agree with wayne johnson when he says dog hunters need to have more respect torwards other hunters though. I to hunt wisconsin for bear whenever i get a tag andI hunt minnesota when I dont. Its always a strugle hunting bear on public land here in wi because dog hunters will invade your baits. A lot of them will just run dogs up and down the whole road. Ive caught numerous other dog hunters screwing around my bait stations in minnesota you dont have to wory bout that.

Any of you guys bear hunting minnesota here?

Oh and stack62 i dont think there is a lot if any peta people on these forums like you say and thats preaty low to accuse a fellow hunter of being one which you did do so.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Spike

You read the Peta press releases don't you? I know I do cause most of them are posted on this site. I did not call the guy a peta member. I apprecitate the guy being species specific in what he hunts. I just said these kinda post can be bait for peta. Don't be nieve in thinking hunters are the only ones watching what other hunters do. As long as I am hunting I am happy. No matter dog, gun, bow or whatever and I will support the majority of hunting avenues exceptfor this World hunting deal.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: stack62

You read the Peta press releases don't you? I know I do cause most of them are posted on this site. I did not call the guy a peta member. I apprecitate the guy being species specific in what he hunts. I just said these kinda post can be bait for peta. Don't be nieve in thinking hunters are the only ones watching what other hunters do. As long as I am hunting I am happy. No matter dog, gun, bow or whatever and I will support the majority of hunting avenues exceptfor this World hunting deal.
Hey... we agree on something stack. I would like to add Canned Hunting to my list of things that are not hunting. I don't support that or the WHA in any way shape or form. I understand you reluctance to discuss subjects that might be used by the anti's but this is a hunting site which is used as a form of education to some of our new sportsmen. Many of the younger kids just coming up are getting the wrong idea of hunting by the sat Tv shows which are killing captive animals. The shows paint the sport as being easy and place unreal objectives in the kids minds. When it doesn't happen for them they get bored with it and fall away from the sport. I don't mind talking about it here because some of us want to spread the word about how real hunting should be. When my father first took me out at age 12 I expected a deer to be behind every tree. I quickly learned that I was playing on their turf and they had the advantage. It hooked me for life. I shot my first deer at age 15 which was 43 years ago and realize that like everything in life the good things come hard. If it was that easy it wouldn't be fun. Sorry to misinterpret your post Stack and have a great day.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Fork Horn

I think all hunting is ethical if done within reason,common sense and the laws are followed.
I hope all the outdoorsman and women stick together,It would be a shame to self destruct and not be able to hunt,fish,trap or even use the outdoors.I think a lot of people would agree that hunting is more humane than mother natures ways,starvation,disease,predation.
If ignorance was compensated with knowledge then those non-hunting groups would understand.At this time I think they look like a bunch of fools.Just ask a game Bio.
Elkshed
Old 08-13-2006, 10:28 AM
Spike

No problem CI. All is well. Have a great season this year.