Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Prarie Rats are posted!!!!! >

Prarie Rats are posted!!!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Prarie Rats are posted!!!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Prarie Rats are posted!!!!!

Well I drew a goat tag this year,480 either sex.
How did everyone else do and what areas.
BBJ
Old 08-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Prarie Rats are posted!!!!!

BBJ, hey buddy congrats, one of these years I want to head up to your neck of the woods and chase them with you. This yearI drew out on antelope here in Idaho again. That makes two years in a row for me. Last year I drew in a better area than this year, but I still have a chance at some big bucks. My buck last year was nice, nothing to brag about, so I hope to do better this year, we shall see?
Here is a pic from my buck last year.

Old 08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Jason,
Thats not a bad goat what did he go 15"-14 1/2 ????,could of used a little curl to him,but still a nice goat.
Like I said when you decide to get up here,I'm more'n happy to take you and get ya set-up.
BBJ
Old 08-08-2006, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

That is a nice goat!
Old 08-09-2006, 07:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

BBJ, he only went 13.5" Idaho doesn't have near the antelope numbers that either Montana orWyoming do, but still we have a few big goats running around. My problem last year and this year is just time to hunt them. I take so much time off toplay around with the elk during the archery season, that I don't have much free time left over. Thats no problem if I want just any antelope, but its not good if I am looking for a huge buck. This year I want a buck that will beat this one, but if it gets down to the last weekend who knows? I will tryto hunt on theopener for aday or two, anda weekend in october? I also drew out on rifle Mule deer in a area were I have a very good chance at killing a honest to gosh 30". So this is how my seasons go this fall.

Elk (archery) August 30 - September 30
Antelope (rifle) September 25 - October 25
Deer(rifle) October 5 - November 8

I will take nothing less than a full two weeks off for archery elk hunting, thats in my blood and I would die wilthout my yearly fix!For deer I am taking the 5th through the 8th in october and will not shoot anything but a 30" buck or bigger early on. Then I will come back for a full week at the end of the hunt in November. Also I will try to spend some time with my wife trying to help her find a buck (deer) and any other free time will be spent working hard to make up for all the time off. So with antelope I am thinking at best I wil have only two, two day trips. The antelopeunit (Salmon area)I drew out in is a three hour drive one way so its not easy or cheap to just run up and scout it out during a afternoon. As it stands I have not scouted it yet this yearand don't think I will get a chance to? I have a few friends archey huning in that unit so I will have to let thier reports be my scouting for the year.I do know the area well and have elk hunted it (before the wolves moved in) many of times. So we shall see? Who knows I might just eat tag soup or maybe I will kill a big one? Either way it willjust be fun being out hunting the speedy goats! Good luck to you and I hope you do kill a big fat goat with long and curly horns!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well yours sounds like mine,antelope are a second thought.I eat,sleep,breath elk hunting.Where did you draw your deer tag???My brother used to hunt down by Bear Lake,Georgetown area,went with him a few times,man we saw some big bucks and bulls.
Good luck
BBJ
Old 08-09-2006, 04:17 PM

BBJ,

What a beautiful animal and shot! His/Her eyes look blue! Are you going to have it mounted?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntmdown,
Thats not mine,thats Idahoelkinstrutors speed goat.It's eyes are blue from the sun shinning in them,the reflection.
Thats alright I will get one bigger than his(sorry Jason)
BBJ
Old 08-09-2006, 07:59 PM

idahoelkinstructor,
I'm a bafoon! [:@] Sorry about that!

BBJ,
Thanks for correcting me! I have to lay off the sauce while posting!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:29 PM

i got a buck tag right off and the 8th i went to the store and did the OTC "electronic" draw. I got lucky and got a doe tag. Im all set this year! Area 15 in colorado. This will be my last time hunting that area for a long while. Going back to area 84 and 85. Watch out mulies i just set the 'ol Kentucky up with a hair trigger!!

Quick Reply: Prarie Rats are posted!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.