Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP

Old 08-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP

We, wife and two boys, will head to CO on 27 October for the third season. Elk and mulies, same spot since two years ago, same area since 1970 or so. Maybe we will get lucky again this year. This season will be special since it will be my last as a Navy man. USN has accepted my retirement papers with a date of 01 March.

Of course next year will be special as well since it will be my first as a retire old geezer. And the next will be special as well for some reason or another....I just like to do it and would not know what to do if for some reason I could not hunt......they are all special.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:04 PM

Well, I had plans, but my area's on fire right now! The Derby forest fire in MT has taken my favorite trail and elk / deer mountain. There are people with homes in the pathover the ridge from this picture that have a lot more to worry about than I do, though.

It just goes to show you - it's always somethin'!

Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Typical Buck

I'm headed to Newfoundland soon, on 8 Sept!, to bowhunt moose and caribou. This will be my second bow trip up there - I had such a great time in '97, that I have always wanted to go back. This trip is my "retirement gift" to myself,as I sold it to the wife...

-fsh

Old 08-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

The annual trip to North Dakota for duck and goose hunting. Dont know how it will be with all the drought stuff going on. Anyone know the condition of the crops and water?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where in Co. are you going? I plan on going out next year.

I'll be hunting here in Indiana with a bow. A friend turned me on to a spot with some nice bucks. He thinks the largest will go 150 minimum. I told him I'd video him whackin' it.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
Spike

moose hunting ( anterless ) in district 3 in the County in Maine. September 25, and yeah, i can't wait. got a short prescouting trip lined up for this week and then another the week preceeding the season. all good country up that way.

been practicing my moose calls some but i think they still sound pretty much like goose farts on a muggy day.

question for them what have had some success with calling cows, do you think a calf call would work the best or some other call?

- jay
Old 09-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weekends are nearby archery white tail, 1 week of rifle season will be 3hrs away in Eastern Ontario, but my Trip for the year will be up to the James Bay region of Northern Quebec for Caribou end of November.
Old 09-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

2006 started good with taking two turkeys...one in Wisconsin and another in Minnesota. This fall I'll start bowhunting for whitetails in a few weeks and then get into grouse hunting as well. Then in Mid October I'll start getting out pheasant hunting in MN and then down to Iowa and possibly North Dakota later in the season. November I'll do some more whitetail hunting in MN with rifle and then head to Montana in Mid November to hunt Mule Deer. Then come back and hunt deer with Muzzleloader in December and pheasant hunt until the Iowa season closes in early January.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:21 PM

congrdulations on the new little one. where you bow hunting in mo. Ifrom missouri so if you need info email me. [email protected]
Old 09-08-2006, 09:24 PM

some friends and i are heading for wyoming to hunt mulies and speed goats. Does anyone have info on wyoming antelope area 31 and mule deer area 66 and 70. any info would be helpful. [email protected]

Quick Reply: YOUR 2006 HUNTING TRIP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.