Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

best thing to eat

Old 08-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: best thing to eat

When I'm preparingbeaver, I usually start off with a bottle of red wine,& some slow dancing tojust about any Frank Sinatra tune. If I don't go shootin' my mouth off, it's usually pretty tender. You may want to rinse with some Listerene afterwards, however.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:23 PM
Typical Buck

I should have seen that coming.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

You really need to wash it good before preperation.it is best at medium,with a little pink inside.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

I'll only list the ones I've harvested (I've had Elk, but won't count it until I actually harvest one).

Squirrel
Whitetail
Pheasant

I'm not sure I actually harvested those beavers, but they were good as well.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:45 AM

Elk-Way out in 1st place
Turkey
Quail
Pheasant
Old 08-09-2006, 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Folically Challenged

When I'm preparingbeaver, I usually start off with a bottle of red wine,& some slow dancing tojust about any Frank Sinatra tune. If I don't go shootin' my mouth off, it's usually pretty tender. You may want to rinse with some Listerene afterwards, however.
hahahaha. hey ryanaller, Ive heard that Grilled Beaver served with beans is good. Havent tried it yet, but I want to soon

-Travis-
Old 08-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

BEAVER()
can be cleaned as soon as they are taken.Younger beaver are more tender than older beaver.Younger beaver can be roasted whole.However,there is quite a bit of waste on an entire beaver carcass.The older ones just use the legs and backstraps.Soak beaver meat over night in a saltwater bath,this will remove most of the blood.On older beaver tenderize them by beating them with the back edge of a meat cleaver or knife blade before cooking.Beaver meat can be used in stews,broiled or roasted.Made into beaverburger and used in casseroles,meat loaf and spagetti,with delicious results.
Boil boneless pieces of young tenderized beaver in saltwater until the meat becomes tender.Drain the meat well,roll in flour,and brown all over using bacon strips stuck on the meat with toothpicks.Use only a medium hot oven for browning,serve while hot.Season to taste.
Elkshed