Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Montana SuperTag Hunting

Old 07-22-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Montana SuperTag Hunting

This year in montana, the fish wildlife and parks department created a lottery that allows the winners to hunt a species of animal anywhere in the state for the whole season. This is made to be a fund raiser, and it is doing its job. There is one tag for each species, and it is 5 dollars a ticket to enter, with unlimited tickets allowed. I tend to have mixed feelings about this. While it is doing its job and providing more money for wildlife management in the state, it is also allowing anyone with more money to have a better chance to shoot a trophy animal in montana and i am against that. I was just wondering everyone's feelings on this matter if you have heard of it...
Old 07-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Montana SuperTag Hunting

They have drawn 3 of the 5 super tags
1-Moose - Great Falls MT Kid
1-Big Horn-Helena MT guy
1-Mnt. Goat-yep Montana guy
You know what these three have in common??? They all bought one ticket each.
Deer and Elk have yet to be drawn.
I guess that is better than the guy who spent 4 grand and came up with nothing,ouch!!!
BBJ
Old 07-22-2006, 06:34 PM

the guy who drew the goat tag was from bozeman, which is where i live. I didn't know that they bought one ticket each, that is good news to me. Being from bozeman and living near the Flying D ranch, which is owned by Ted Turner and has some of the biggest bull elk around, it pisses me off when people get such a good oppertunity to shoot a monster trophy animal just because they have the money to fork out for it. In my opinion, a bull elk should be a well earned trophy paid for by time and work, not a check book.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: IfItRunsHuntIt647

the guy who drew the goat tag was from bozeman, which is where i live. I didn't know that they bought one ticket each, that is good news to me. Being from bozeman and living near the Flying D ranch, which is owned by Ted Turner and has some of the biggest bull elk around, it pisses me off when people get such a good oppertunity to shoot a monster trophy animal just because they have the money to fork out for it. In my opinion, a bull elk should be a well earned trophy paid for by time and work, not a check book.
Howdy "Neighbor"! I'm from Willow Creek. I have mixed feelings about the Super Tags myself. Basicly I think its a good idea, but like you have stated, The amount of times you apply is unlimited.This definately limits a once in a lifetime opportunity to the average "working Joe" who just doesn't have the funds.
If it's true that the lucky "drawers" so far only perchased one chance, good for them.
I didn't know that Ted allowed any hunting on the "D".
Old 07-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Aslong as it's a raffle not an auction, I am all for it. One ticket each, that is what I heard, that's awesome.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 PM

Hello neighbors!!! I am from Bozeman as well. I feel the supertag lottery should limit the number of tickets purchased by each person. Maybe 5/person max. That would keep if fair, and most likely increase the number of people that would buy the tickets. Anyway just my two cents. Drop a line if y'all want to chase some elk around in a few weeks.

Hyde
Old 07-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Spike

Who got those tags a form what state?
Old 07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

If there is a website to your states lottery would you mind posting it here?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1619099
Old 07-28-2006, 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: ryanaller

If there is a website to your states lottery would you mind posting it here?

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1619099
Ryan~ General info. on Montana's Supertag program is available on their website @ fwp.mt.gov
Hope this helps.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 AM
BKC

Default RE: Montana Super Tag Hunting

I'm from California and my team draw the the first timewe ever put in for Montana Elk Deer combowhich I think that was amazing let alone those who won the super huntand I bought 5 of each super hunt tickets but I don't care that I did not win. I'M STILL GOING TO MONTANA!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Montana SuperTag Hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.