HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   What gun would you use ? ATTACK!!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/141949-what-gun-would-you-use-attack.html)

justhuntitall 05-08-2006 08:51 PM

What gun would you use ? ATTACK!!!!

Ok things are slow and I like to get EKM to vist more .

Ok your on a once in a life time dream hunt to Africa.One of the Hunters you are hunting with just shot(270 shooter lol)a large Black mained lion in the flank nothing but guts your Ph couldnt get a shot at him before he dives in the tall grass, now to the edge of the grass from where you are standingits 75yards you hear the lion roar and the sound of him runnig at your position threw the grass he will be a full tilt time he hits the edge. You got 2 chances,one to put him down your self, twohope the Ph is very good at his job cause more than likely he wont shoot till the last moment before the lion goes to strike you down.

The lion hits the edge of the grass and he is bearing down right at you .What gun would you want to be holding at that time to save your life ????

If that lion lives for 1 minute when he gets to you he is going to spend it droping your guts on the ground and chewing up the arm you threw up in front of your face .

BCMuleyhunter 05-08-2006 09:01 PM

RE: What gun would you use ? ATTACK!!!!

600 Nitro express, double.

Kirby

justhuntitall 05-08-2006 09:02 PM

I my self would click the safety off of my ddbl416 rem mag about the time I hear the roar and hold it to the position I hear the noise as soon as the lion cleared the grass and I could settle the front site on the bottom of hischin I would let it fly. And pray the Ph would follw up cause I dont think I would have time to fire the second barrel.

James Vee 05-08-2006 09:39 PM

.470 nitro double, or a .500 jeffries

handloader1 05-08-2006 10:56 PM

Weatherby Mark V Safari Grade Custom .416 Wby. Mag., or Dakota 76 African .416 Dakota or .416 Rigby. Good luck.

ELKampMaster 05-08-2006 11:09 PM

500NE Double.

260rem 05-09-2006 03:12 AM

Many wont agree with this but I would like a either a10ga or a 3” 12ga loaded with hardened SG buckshot or some of that tri ball stuff. I shoot better at charging game with a shotgun and as it’s what I would feel most confident with I feel that counts for much more then just raw power.
If I had the money I would buy and use a paradox gun with a 730gr slug in one barrel and the buckshot in the other.
If I was just hunting them then I would use a 375H&H and 300gr Woodleigh RN pills.

James B 05-09-2006 03:29 AM

You should be so lucky that the beast would telegraph its attack route.

That 12 Ga. laoded with Dixie Slugs would be hard to beat. Hardened 730 grain slug@ 1400 fps. The Tri-Ball, three .570 diameter balls at once. Deadly to 60 yards or so. This is the game that the dixie slugs were made to play. Unlike softer slugs, these will penetrate large heavy skinned, heavy bonedanimals. Best of all the average hunter can afford this protrction. I have carried them for Bear hunting but have been lucky enough to never have needed to test them in this manner.

hardcorehunter 05-09-2006 05:44 AM

My CZ .416 Rigby

Doe Dumper 05-09-2006 05:51 AM

20 MM Gatling Gun straight off an Apache AH64 :D