Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

GOOD OLD DAYS IN MT.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:14 PM

Default GOOD OLD DAYS IN MT.

AHH the good old days when you planed a hunt and got your app. mailed in time and you started packing to go.I just found out we didn't get drawn for montana for the 2nd year in a row with $40 spend on bonus points . We been planning this hunt since 2004. We are DIYers and would have it no other way.I cann't wait to get back in the highwoods chasing elk. I'll have to chase whitetails in the midwest again this year. Did any of you guys get MT. tags ,its posted on the web site and how many points did you have
Old 04-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: GOOD OLD DAYS IN MT.

If you really love Montana hunting, why not move there?
Just a suggestion on improving the odds.

Old 04-21-2006, 08:39 AM

Points and no draw??? things have changed.....
Old 04-21-2006, 10:59 AM

Friends and family are priceless to me here in Pa. I love living here but I like to plan my fall hunts in the off season it help me get though the year.I enjoy all the research ,planning, saving and studing map then to find out it will be another year then another is to much for me. This will my last hunt in montana when I use my long earned points. Not that I mind waiting 2 or more years to go on a hunt as I have done to go to alaska where by the way you can buy your NR tags at wallmart ,at leased you have a set date you can bank on . I guess I just needed to vent some steam. good luck to all in the lottey game of hunting.

Old 04-21-2006, 06:43 PM
Typical Buck

My friend drew (party of 2) with no points going in.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Try Colorado,I hear they have better odds.
Also,by the way Dayna all the elk move out of the Highwoods,to lower ground and private land.
BBJ
Old 04-25-2006, 09:27 AM

Ihaven't drawn a deer license for2 years now. Maybe next year!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:30 PM

I fill a little better today I drewa week bow hunting in ill. on two diffent puplic sites from oct.20 to nov. 2 .Don k tell your friends good luck and post photos. bare back I am the opposit of a magnet when it comes to big bulls if you know anybody who needs to get some elk off ther property I'm shore I could help. I think i'll make it through the summer again.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dayna,
I was just giving you crap,there is still elk in the Highwoods,just that most of them hang down on private land that normal joe's can't get access to.It has caused some hard feelings in that area.
BBJ
Old 04-26-2006, 09:52 AM

Bare back your right about that ,one year half the elk in the highwoods stayed about a mile out on the strand ranch most of the archery season . they are the smartest elk I,ve ever hunted but also the best racks on average. Have you ever signed the book on arrow peak?

Quick Reply: GOOD OLD DAYS IN MT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.