Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 2005 California Bighorn Mount Is Back! >

2005 California Bighorn Mount Is Back!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

2005 California Bighorn Mount Is Back!

Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 PM

Default RE: 2005 California Bighorn Mount Is Back!

Stubblejumper,

A nice big Rocky is next on my list if I do not get drawn for a Dall this coming year. I will be making a trip for a Rocky in the east Kootenies right on the Alberta border.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:23 PM

$461 canadian!!!!!!! Are kidding me! You suck, I hope you know that

How long do you have to live in BC to be considered a resident? Would I have to become a canadian citizen? I wonder if the wife and kids would mind moving so I could sheep hunt?
Old 03-20-2006, 03:41 PM

Nice animal. I hope that you enjoy the wonderful memories for years to come.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:18 PM

Sweet ram. I'm still hoping to draw the Kamloops lake tag(one of these years...). Good luck on the Dall or the Rockys this fall.

Kirby
Old 03-20-2006, 08:47 PM

Thanks guys!

Shato,

Guess since your family is handy around the horses and all, we could probably adopt you guys!! [:-]Believe me if you were allowed to hunt with a class C guide here in BC, (resident) you would be welcome at my fire anytime.

We deffinitely are fortunate to have the species to hunt here in BC. I just hope everyone takes along a kid and passes on the outdoors and the activities associated with it. Us outdoor sportsman are a minority when it comes to greenies and granolas and we need all the support we can muster to ensure we have FULL use of the backcountry.

BCmuleyhunter,

That Kamloops Lake draw would be a sweetheart!!! If I didnt have to draw for a Dall I would be one of the 500 other guys applying for there as well!!

I did see 3 cow elk this evening, browsing in a small field and that got my motor running!!! Especially when my 6 year old daughter cow called to them with her natural voice and stopped them in their tracks and they started coming back!! It was amazing to watch. So much for the hootchie mama when you have redneck kids!!
Old 03-21-2006, 12:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Hemi
We deffinitely are fortunate to have the species to hunt here in BC. I just hope everyone takes along a kid and passes on the outdoors and the activities associated with it. Us outdoor sportsman are a minority when it comes to greenies and granolas and we need all the support we can muster to ensure we have FULL use of the backcountry.
Definatly, need to bring in new people, I try to introduce one person a year to the sport. And 3-4 times a year I take friends out to the rifle range, education is the key. Where abouts you located to be seeing elk? I'm based right in Kamloops.

Kirby
Old 03-21-2006, 08:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Hemi

Thanks guys!

Shato,

Guess since your family is handy around the horses and all, we could probably adopt you guys!! [:-]Believe me if you were allowed to hunt with a class C guide here in BC, (resident) you would be welcome at my fire anytime.

Especially when my 6 year old daughter cow called to them with her natural voice and stopped them in their tracks and they started coming back!! It was amazing to watch. So much for the hootchie mama when you have redneck kids!!
Hemi,

I appreciate the compliment. I'm glad that you remembered me from previous post and took my comment for the good natured fun as it was intended. Congrats on the trophy once again. That is an awesome mount by the way.

I love the story about you daughter. I love to see folks get there kids involved. Keep it up pard. Hopefully someday we can share that fire with each other and our kids in the back country. Peace be with you and your family.

Ps You still tearin up that rodeo trail?
Old 03-23-2006, 07:28 AM
Typical Buck

Nice Ram, curls look good too.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very nice! That must have been a great hunt!

Old 03-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great mount, congrats!

Quick Reply: 2005 California Bighorn Mount Is Back!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.