Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

deer meadow outfitters

Old 12-11-2013, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

I've never paid someone to guide me on a hunt. I wouldn't pay someone to help me find a good hole on the river to catch trout either. If I can't do it myself I'll go home empty handed.

The one exception being the Alaska grizzly hunt that I plan to do in order to check it off my bucket list. Not much choice on that one.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Yeah, i'd rather spend money on my Jeep.

*** Nice ride there Pete!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

It was then. I had just built it. It's a lot more beat up now, but still gets me there.

I love it when some hunter in a pickup tries to follow me to my hunting areas.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:19 PM
Spike

Topgun 3006: first off I'm not looking for sympathy I only want to save other hunters who work insane hrs to make a living honestly and don't have the time to call three years worth of clients for references. We run businesses that restrict our hunting time. More often than not I go do it yourself. If this wasn't a spot n stalk I would have never went guided and have only been on one other guided hunt ever. We went with This outfitter after calling some references asking lots of questions and observing who was hunting there. Thing is you can't do enough to know for sure and I'm not the kind to just buy an animal. Some hunters get so self ritchious. It great to do it yourself and it's fine to go with an outfitter if you want to for whatever reason. I'm plenty capable of hunting and scouting on my own I've done it all my life. Today if you want good chance at a high quality mule deer you most likely have to wait years and years to draw or spend up to $15000.00 which I would never do, but I don't sit on my high horse and judge someone who does if it's legal ethical hunting. Besides with all the character flaws in people nowadays like ignorance...., I am not concerned if someone goes on a guided hunt or pays a mortgage on one as long as it's legal and ethical hunting. Naive??? Maybe, I wouldn't cheat anyone so sometimes it's hard for me to think someone could be so dishonest when your in direct dealings with them and they seem genuine. I would also bet that a lot of those hunters bashing guided hunting or paying for a hunt would be doing the same if their budgets allowed. I find a lot of satisfaction in hunting on my own and I might do a guided hunt where the guide is limited in the amount of involvement they have in the hunt. This is why I went for deer in the sand hills but I'll say that the guide was involved more than I expected. Like I said though I'm just trying to save honest hunters a lot of aggravation. I'm not looking for sympathy and sure as heck don't need it. Lastly I'm also not looking to be scolded for the way I hunt or look for an outfitter. Your missing the point here and you have no idea of the circumstances that went on or the type of hunters that we are and I could care less about what kind of hunter anyone else is as long as your ethical. If you don't want burnt stay away from deer meadows. Maybe hire top gun 3006 as your guide, he seems to be the equivalent of Chuck Adams and Jim shocked rolled into one perfect hunting machine
Old 12-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like I said in my post. When you saw him breaking the law by baiting. It should have thrown up a red flag.

I don't like to see someone cheated, and I hope you do more about it than post here.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Deer meadows victim
Topgun 3006: first off I'm not looking for sympathy I only want to save other hunters who work insane hrs to make a living honestly and don't have the time to call three years worth of clients for references. We run businesses that restrict our hunting time. More often than not I go do it yourself. If this wasn't a spot n stalk I would have never went guided and have only been on one other guided hunt ever. We went with This outfitter after calling some references asking lots of questions and observing who was hunting there. Thing is you can't do enough to know for sure and I'm not the kind to just buy an animal. Some hunters get so self ritchious. It great to do it yourself and it's fine to go with an outfitter if you want to for whatever reason. I'm plenty capable of hunting and scouting on my own I've done it all my life. Today if you want good chance at a high quality mule deer you most likely have to wait years and years to draw or spend up to $15000.00 which I would never do, but I don't sit on my high horse and judge someone who does if it's legal ethical hunting. Besides with all the character flaws in people nowadays like ignorance...., I am not concerned if someone goes on a guided hunt or pays a mortgage on one as long as it's legal and ethical hunting. Naive??? Maybe, I wouldn't cheat anyone so sometimes it's hard for me to think someone could be so dishonest when your in direct dealings with them and they seem genuine. I would also bet that a lot of those hunters bashing guided hunting or paying for a hunt would be doing the same if their budgets allowed. I find a lot of satisfaction in hunting on my own and I might do a guided hunt where the guide is limited in the amount of involvement they have in the hunt. This is why I went for deer in the sand hills but I'll say that the guide was involved more than I expected. Like I said though I'm just trying to save honest hunters a lot of aggravation. I'm not looking for sympathy and sure as heck don't need it. Lastly I'm also not looking to be scolded for the way I hunt or look for an outfitter. Your missing the point here and you have no idea of the circumstances that went on or the type of hunters that we are and I could care less about what kind of hunter anyone else is as long as your ethical. If you don't want burnt stay away from deer meadows. Maybe hire top gun 3006 as your guide, he seems to be the equivalent of Chuck Adams and Jim shocked rolled into one perfect hunting machine
***That is pure BS if I ever read a post and I didn't say YOU made your post looking for sympathy! You've just stated you don't have enough time to spend a few nights on the phone calling and talking to a bunch of people before you spend that kind of money with a perfect stranger!!! I say BS because if that's true then IMHO you need to reevaluate your priorities and stop to smell the roses once in a while. I'm saying calling a bunch of past hunters is exactly what is needed to assure that the kind of crap that happened to you doesn't happen to others and that's all I've said. Now you're saying you did talk to a few, but it sounds like you may have gone there because of some TV show or personality hunting it that you saw. If that is the case then you are very naive because those people will receive top notch treatment every time in order for an outfit to get advertising from them on their show. That ls the whole problem nowadays with hunting being an "industry" and that's exactly what it is. I have no problem with people doing DIY hunts like I do or going on guided hunts if they need to or are required to in certain areas or for certain animals like in AK. I have made no comments against outfitted hunts or those who go on them, but I do feel that you can have good mulie hunts without spending a fortune. However, you do need to have a few PPs in certain states to draw and get into areas that hold better deer. Again, just like hiring an outfitter or going to a place like you did, you need to do plenty of homework to increase your likelihood of success. Finally, that was really sour grapes attacking me with that Chuck Adams/Jim Shockey statement to end your post when all I said is you need to do more than you did to avoid getting screwed!!! I DID NOT miss the point of your post like you stated and this has nothing to do with me saying anything about your ethics, hunting style, etc. because I said nothing of the sort.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 12-11-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

You would have been better off hiring Topgun than the clown you picked. He wouldn't have stopped you from shooting any deer.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You would have been better off hiring Topgun than the clown you picked. He wouldn't have stopped you from shooting any deer.
***LOL at that one Pete!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Spike

I'm sure I would have been better off with top gun. Look I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers. I wrote that stuff tongue in cheek. I have to admit though I was a little offended by your post but maybe I misunderstood. I don't judge the character of a man by how they like to hunt and you said we were naive and crying about getting cheated. I took offense to that. There were obviously details that I didn't have the time or patience to write. If we would have stayed until we had refund money in our hands we would have probably been into a serious altercation with this guy and someone may have been hurt and we may have been in jail so we hoped he would stick to his word and left. We had some words with this guy as you could imagine. I just hope I help someone and if anyone knows where I can more effectively get the word out about this outfitter pleas let me know. No hard feelings top gun but the way you felt after reading my post is exactly how I felt after reading yours but I just don't take differences in hunting styles that serious any way. Good luck to you all and please warn people when you see they are considering this outfitter.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:14 PM
Fork Horn

Mate I and many others appreciate you giving everyone a heads up about this outfitter but I do you think you kind of are playing the victim card. For example look at your forum name...

Quick Reply: deer meadow outfitters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.