Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Nice Mulie (pic)

Old 11-15-2005, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nice Mulie (pic)

Nice Buck Elk.... And congrats on an Epic season. Remeber to keep Idaho on the down low... Keep those out-a-staters away!!! Ha ha... Just kidding! Congrats again!
Old 11-15-2005, 07:08 PM

elkcrazy i think you won the bet by a few inches, and i hope you like the cheap stuff (beer) besides,you can't tell the difference anyhow after a couple...I will try to drop it off this weekend!!
RobinHood36>>>============<>
Old 11-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Robinhood, I would like to take a look at the ruler that you were using (wink). You better be able to stay for a couple and have some of this whitetail stew that is brewing.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Micheal, shoot me a call when you get back. I will be shooting thursdays downtown when the animal league starts back up. They stopped it for late season as the attendance was low. Better watch the wagering, I have a new pro-elite on order. Those bows shoot themselves.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck ElkCrazy.. very nice..congrats...

Hey are you guys buying the non-resident deer tags down there for your second buck? If so are they whitetail only or can you all buy a non res... regular deer tag and shoot two mule deer???? just curious..I noticed you said you got a whitetail and this mule deer. Up here in the panhandle we can buy two. Once again..congrats..

Troy
Old 11-16-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shed, I only got one tag for Idaho this year. I killed the whitetail on a Nebraska archery hunt. I was seeing a HUGE whitetail buck in the unit I drew in, in which I could use my tag for either or. He failed to show up so I went after a big mulie. Some guys are buying 2 tags for deer and paying the NR price for the second. I have shut myself down for this year and will take a couple of months off from hunting. The next animal on the list is spring bear!!!!!!Til then, I will shoot nothing but foam............
Old 11-16-2005, 07:51 PM

real nice mule deer congrats.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:58 PM

nice
Old 11-16-2005, 10:33 PM

Really nice buck, slim and none chance I'd pass on it.

Not sure how your cooking it. Regardless of what time of the year it is, I soak it for a couple of hours in cold water with a bit of salt, after trimming as much fat and silver skin etc as possible. Then dry it and spice with salt, pepper, rosemary and what ever else you might like (I found a pepper medley that works well). I think soaking it helps a bit. Anyway when I cook it (and anyone who tries this is best to do it outside on the side burner of the bbq, stinks up the house) I heat a frying pan (cast is best) as hot as I can it and basically sear the outsides for about 2 minutes each side in bacon fat or vegitable oil. then put a lid over it on a reduced heat until its the way you like it. I have never had a bad one yet, and I don't like strong flavors. Anyway just a thought that might help.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:22 PM

congrats on a succesful hunting year, now u just need some wild pig to go with!