HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Trade a Hunt? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/119398-trade-hunt.html)

ShatoDavis 11-02-2005 10:47 AM

Trade a Hunt?

How does it work? How do you get started. Let me tell you what I'm thinking of. I want to trade a hunt on private land In Missouri for spring turkey for a Phesant hunt in South Dakota/Nebraska. What I really want is to find a land owner who would swap permission to hunt on each others land. Its sound convaluted but its not. My Family owns approximately 600 acres of the finest eastern turkey hunting around. I could arrange permission to hunt on our land for a farmer with good phesant/quail hunting who would give permission for Myself and a couple of friends to hunt. I would even consider trading for a good Prairie dog spot.

Mr.G 11-02-2005 12:01 PM

RE: Trade a Hunt?

Its too bad that I don't have the time/money to travel to missouri or else we would have a deal...

huntnmuleys 11-03-2005 08:54 PM

swap hunts are awesome. for sure the way to go.

i have done lots of them, and fortunatley had only great experiences. had 4 hunters come out here this year on swaps, one archery and 3 rifle. all 4 filled both antelope and muley tags, with all 4 antelope going on the wall, the archery buck was a 14 incher! 2 of the muleys were 22+ and are going on the wall, with a couple smaller bucks to boot. will try to post some pics if i can figure out that photo bucket site.

how to do it? easy, just find someone who is interested in what your offering and has something you want in return. i personally treat it like im booking a guided hunt and ask a ton of questions. they will have a lot of questions for you too. answer them honestly so theres no surprises later. when i have a hunter here, i am up an hour before them cooking breakfast and making coffee, so when i get them up and they get a shower, its ready and on the table for them. i take them to my prime spots. i hunt with them exactly as i would if i were alone myself. its hard to take someone to your honeyhole, buti expect the same in return on their end. i establish this long before either hunt takes place, making sure to be clear on what im wanting in return for my efforts. i try to cook ahead for lunch and supper, or cook when we get back. i put them up in my home. basically, i try to be better than any local guide. so far, over 3 years we are 100 percent on all tags on all species. lotsa luck so far:)

shato, give it a try. you can pm me or ask on here if you have any other questions, i will try to help ya out. for sure try this, there is a lot to gain out there.
do be careful though, i have a buddy that got burned on one of these, so like anything there are liars out there
good luck

salty 11-04-2005 10:44 AM

what if someone like myself doesn't have alot of land available for someone to swap hunt with.. Would people be willing to take "donations" to hunt their land?

RUFNECK 11-04-2005 11:28 AM

salty good question Im always looking for some good hunting trips but limeted on funds and land to offer i live in the poconos and have a apartment in the basement i was woundering if anyone would do somthing like swap a place to stay and maybe show the prson in your area some hot spots on state or federal land where i live there is thousands of acres of gamelands starting only 5min from my house

salty 11-04-2005 11:51 AM

Rufneck

feel free to hunt my land in the catskills.. I just recieved permission to hunt the 172 acres in back of my camp that also adjoins state land that is forever wild.. there are huge bucks and black bears there. I like to bowhunt but not alone up there in those parts so I usually wait till gun season as there are some rather large bears. I got one so far with my bow, 30 yards on the ground about 5 years ago.

PM me if you are interested.. Land is located in phoenicia NY.

shed33 11-09-2005 03:28 PM

quality whitetail bowhunting for quality elk bowhunting...i'll trade for anytime, I love whitetails and live in great elk country.. I trade withbuds from Alberta,Sas,NY, PA...thus far... it's been great... making new hunting friends and enjoying other areas.. NO GUIDES, NO FEES...

salty 11-14-2005 01:50 PM

Shed, If you enjoy whitetail hunting in a mountain setting you need to contact me. I have a camp at the base of a mountain in the Catskills of NY. It's rough terrain but if you hunt it hard you will be rewarded. Usually people here don't have enough patience to hunt the bigger bucks during archery season up near my camp and when gun season comes the orange army scares them into nocturnalness. There are also state stocked trout streams about 20 feet from the front door of our cabin. This is mostly state owned land but I also have permission to hunt 170 privatly owned mountain side where the deer like to stay in the fields.