Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book! >

California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book!

Old 01-21-2006, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Smoked a Cal Bighorn Ram (NEW PICS)

congrats--great story!
Old 01-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Smoked a California Bighorn Ram(updated)

congrats, that is a very nice looking ram!!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:23 AM

Hemi,

Congrats again. I hope you can some day fill that slam. Being a resident of BC you have a distinct advantage over guys like me. You can get resident tags for three of the four in your home province. Have you seen the price tag on desert bighorn though. Wow! 50 grand! are you kidding me. Stone sheep are higher than a kite too, but you can get them in B.C.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

Hemi,

Congrats again. I hope you can some day fill that slam. Being a resident of BC you have a distinct advantage over guys like me. You can get resident tags for three of the four in your home province. Have you seen the price tag on desert bighorn though. Wow! 50 grand! are you kidding me. Stone sheep are higher than a kite too, but you can get them in B.C.
Yes I feel pretty privilaged every time I just slap down 50 bucks for my over the counter stone sheep tag. Or bighorn.
But the outfitters are putting a lot of preasure to get most of the tags.
I certainly welcome non-resident hunters which take some 65 percent of the sheep in BC now, but they now want most (prefer all ) of the tags.
Believe me this wont mean you non-residents will get a better deal for the hunt due to increased supply of tags, just more cash for the outfitters.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 AM

ORIGINAL: tangozulu

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

Hemi,

Yes I feel pretty privilaged every time I just slap down 50 bucks for my over the counter stone sheep tag. Or bighorn.
But the outfitters are putting a lot of preasure to get most of the tags.
I certainly welcome non-resident hunters which take some 65 percent of the sheep in BC now, but they now want most (prefer all ) of the tags.
Believe me this wont mean you non-residents will get a better deal for the hunt due to increased supply of tags, just more cash for the outfitters.
I hope that you or hemi didn't take what I was saying as a slight. I think that residents have a right to the tags they get. I'm not arguing for more nonresident tags. I was simply stating that I wish I had those oppurtunities. I don't and thats a fact of life. Someday I will save enough to chase those dreams too. In the interim I will live vicariously through you guys who post your stories and pics.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

Hemi
I cant wait to see the finished mount so make sure you post it on here for us all to see.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

you the man hemi!

i want to sheep hunt so bad i can taste it, but the good wyoming game and fish keeps pulling other names out of the hat. maybe this year!
Old 01-27-2006, 07:15 PM

Thanks for all the interest and replies on this thread! Its really a great bunch of guys and gals that frequent this board. I know I sure enjoy reading all of interesting topics on here.

Shato,

I completely understand where you are coming from in your previous post!In no way what so ever did i believe you were demeaning the fact that myself as a BC resident havea distinct and clear advantage at attaining each of the species of sheep available to fill the slam..with the exception being the Desert Rams. I would like to attempt in filling the BC slam which includes the California Bighorn, Rocky Mtn Bighorn, Dall and Stone species of sheep. In reality I would never see myself paying $50G for any hunt![:-]I do know that living in BC is an outdoorsmans dream and I do not take it for granted.

Tango,

Glad to see you made it through the Holidays!! Cheers!

It would be a complete crime if the outfitters had their way and tied up all of the Resident tags for their own profit. I would like to know just how much money the guides here in BC actually put back into the wildlife funds? How much do the guides pay for these $30G US sheep hunt tags from the BC wildlife branch? Im sure the guides claim that their hunting trips put xxx amount of money into the local economies etc.etc.. but thats a bunch of bull anyways. They pick thier clients up at the airport rush them into the boonies to shoot their staked out ram pat them on the back and send them home so the next group can come in. And please do not take my position as anti guide or anti non residents because that is far from my stand point. I believe everyone should have a chance to make a living. And as far as non residents please come and experience our beautifull province, you will always return after once visiting! I guess the bottom line is the guides better not try and get too greedy or there will for sure be a revolt from the resident sportsman!

As for the mount, I will post pics as soon as I get my hands on it!

Old 01-29-2006, 10:09 PM

I guess the bottom line is the guides better not try and get too greedy or there will for sure be a revolt from the resident sportsman!
Ya got that right!

Congrats making the book.

Post pics asap when you get the mount done.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:25 PM

Default RE: Smoked a California Bighorn Ram(updated)

Excuse me but I am not an expert about Northamerican big horns but what is a Califonia ram in British Columbia? Did you hunt it in Cali or in BC?I am just confused.

Quick Reply: California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.