Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book! >

California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book!

Old 10-18-2005, 09:44 PM

Default California Ram into officially in British Columbia Record Books!

Charliebrown,

Thanks!...I can imagine most of Nevada is rugged as all hell! Have been through there many times going to rodeos but have never had the chance to swing into the back country. Maybe one I will get the chance!
Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Smoked a Cal Bighorn Ram (NEW PICS)

Thanks for the shared expierience Hemi
I've been meaning to put in for the Similkamean area one day when I have more time. I would love to get one of BC's "desert sheep" some day.
I have been fortuate enough to take both a 40+ Stone and several Dalls, one about 40, another at 38 or so.
This year I'm a new Dad, so between parenting and workin overtime I've been out not at all.I spent the entire 10 day elk season in my area at the hospital waitin for the arrival of my new daughter.
I didnt mind this at all except my bro got his 5 by 5 elk in Sept and his buddy got the same on that trip. I had just got over this when he e-mailed a photo of his Oct Bighorn Ram (he lives in Alberta)
Not sure how many more of these photo's I can take..........
Anyways, what about that elk????
Thanks again
Have Fun
Take the Kids
Keep it Fair Chase
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Smoked a California Bighorn Ram(updated)

Good Job!,

Old 10-27-2005, 08:58 PM

Tango,

You may be the man to call for some info if I happen to draw that Dall Sheep Tag I'm applying for next yearCongrats on your new little one!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Typical Buck

love to help if i can hemi, my dalls i took in the soutrhern yukon when i lived in whitehorse but know a bit about bc dalls too.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:52 PM

Tango,

A co worker took aDall Ram this year in the Tatchenchini (sp) area. Think they hiked in for about 10-12 hours for it. His partner missed a bigger broomed off ram and the other ram they got was short of full curl but made legal by annuli. 8 1/2 yr old I think.

Any and all help is appreciated when hunting sheep!
Old 10-29-2005, 10:33 AM

Very nice ram! Congragulations. Now how can I get myself on a sheep hunt.............[&:]
Old 10-31-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gorgeous ram Hemi! By the looks of the scenery, you worked for that trophy.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:30 AM

Had word from my taxidermist that my mount will be ready for the wall in Mid April!!! Can not wait! Over the holidays I will be taking my skull and horns in for official scoring to submit it to the British Columbia Record Book! Bitten by the sheep bug...already planning for the next leg of the slam!
Old 01-21-2006, 05:58 PM

I had an official tape pulled on my 2005 California Bighorn Ram last Saturday and it makes the British Columbia Big Game Record Book.
Not that it really matters but its nice to see it listed in there. After approx. 100 days it grossed 155 4/8 and netted 154 7/8.The cape is already back from the tanners and I should have my mount in the next few weeks! Can hardly wait!

Quick Reply: California Bighorn Ram Officially in the British Columbia Record Book!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.