Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Low cost elk camp

Old 10-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Spike

Default RE: Low cost elk camp

Thanks Terry, we are pretty surprised ourselves by the lack of interest. We actually run a nice camp, and almost always have plenty of friends interested in getting a slot, but this late.....who knows.
Old 10-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Fork Horn

Frozendisc,
I'm fromidaho. Your offer is something that not many people offer. Curious about dates & unit. I would be interested! Send me a email or PM. Thanks
Old 10-02-2005, 07:16 AM
Spike

I will PM you Double-Lung.....
Old 10-02-2005, 08:46 AM

Frozendisc,

Absolutely amazing that you are being underwhelmed with responses. After listening to folks complain about remote/away from home big game hunting being "the realm of the rich" and "if only it didn't cost so much I would go" and how "if you are hunting with a guide thenyou aren't really hunting"and "I'd do a DYI hunt if I could get some good guidance" AND THEN here is an opportunity that removes those obstacles for the most part..... and apparently no takers.

For some reason, it appears that thesuckle of the local deer patch provides a sufficient"big game pacifier" of sortsthat keeps most folks rightclose tohome.

Again, IMHO you are making an outstanding and most generous offer. The fact that there appears to be no takers may bea sign that you will be better off with a vacancy (besides, more room in the tent).

Good luck with your hunt.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the offer!

I would jump on thisfor all of you flatlanders that complain about prices and not knowing where to go or where to start here is a gift horse.

If I wouldnt of just got back from Co. I would go. My posistion is I have to plan out ever hunt ayear in advance with a wife going to college and two kids one income .

But Iam truly greatfull for your generous offer becuase of guys like you Iam going on a winter caribou next year thanks to guys like you!
Old 10-02-2005, 03:31 PM
Spike

Yes EMaster, it is amazing that there is so little interest, but it is what it is. Saving space in the tent is irrelevant, as we limit camp to ten people, but have tent space for fifteen or more. The gear/camp is top shelf, with the local outfitter making accusations many years ago, but now knows we are a very helpful group if he is in a jam. I think it is just too quick for most people to take advantage of the opportunity. Oh well, snow is falling, and soon, elk will be also!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:02 PM
Spike

Camp is done for 2005.....and what a smoking year. We tagged out on mule deer, and were very close to doing the same on elk. A fantastic group of guys made for a great camp, with many memories to hold onto for when we can't go any more.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Fork Horn

Frozendisc,
Congrats on the success!! Thanks, again for the offer to join your camp. I hope you plan on sharing some pictures. Keep me in mind if someone cancells next year. I will have plenty of vacation time saved.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:15 PM

Me too, i would love to try and go next year if the timing is right (school and work). I live in Utah so the drive is not far, and i will definately go on an idaho elk hunt next year (hopefully deer too). let me know.....