Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds w/Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos >

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds w/Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds w/Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

Old 09-11-2005, 07:27 PM

Default RE: 525 lb. Bruin @ 30 yrds w/Slick Trick Broadhead - Photos

ORIGINAL: BearGuy.
Also for anyone that is interested, the Ontario bear season starts on August 15th.
For anyone that is interested the Ontario bear season in Unit 49 (where this 525 lb. bear was arrowed) opened on Sept. 6th. gg.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

Nice bear-----He sure has a big head. Are you doing a rug or half mount? CB
Old 09-11-2005, 08:43 PM

Sorry, my mistake on the dates of the season, I should have asked what unit you were hunting in. As you stated yours opened up on the 6th of Sept, others open on the 1st of Sept, and the majority of the units open up on the 15th of August.
Sorry about the confusion

Old 09-11-2005, 11:22 PM

Colorado B

Definitely a rug for the rec room flooor...
Old 09-12-2005, 04:26 PM

ORIGINAL: Goodguy

Colorado B

Definitely a rug for the rec room flooor...
Ummm, 525lbs???? How did he measure? I shot a black bear last spring that was 6'5" and was 300 lbs max. Not to call bs, but that thing looks no where near 525.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:48 PM

Rugers 7
I guess you didn't read the thread before posting your comments.In any event I had also put the original post on the Bowhunting Board. And in response to BearGuy's doubting comments on this board and on that one that the bear wouldn't go over 350 lbs. I made him the following wager and I'd be happy to make the same with you if you're interested in testing your ability to determine the size and weight of an animal from a photograph. Please read on gg.

(a copy and paste from the Bowhunters Forum)
TerryM
Maybe I wasn't as clear as I should have been in the original post but the photos of the bowman & the 2 young lads are those of my son and grandsons. I posted the pics and my son's account of the hunt on his behalf.

The bear was arrowed in Unit 49 about 20 km. S.E. of Huntsville on our 450 acre hunting property ( www.huntsvilledeer.funtigo.com ). And you're correct these pictures are not staged which would have been very easy to do - like the fisherman with the big fish - we've all seen them. Iwould admire anyone who could actually look at a photo of a bear and determine its weight from the photo. Good luck on your future hunts.

BearGuy
In reply to your quotes:
"As posted on the Big Game Huntin Fourm, I just don't believe that your bear, which is a very nice bear...good sized head, has the body and the fat of a 525# bear. Sorry, just my observation." and "Yes these pictues are staged, as yours is"

The bear weighed 525 lbs. This can be verified by anyone of the three proprieters of Buck Lake Outfittershttp://www.bucklakeoutfitters.com

[ul][*]Pete Allen: 1-(705)-685-1336[*]Ron Stinson: 1-(705)-685-7324[*]Gary Stinson: 1-(705)-685-7018[/ul]

or any one of half a dozen American hunters who were present when the bear was weighed. I would certainly agree with you that your bear pics are staged but not sure why you'd say my son's were. But I'll tell you what. I'll make you a friendly wager - your pick from my gun cabinet against my pick from your gun cabinet - that the bear weighed 525 lbs. as stated (or within a couple of lbs either way for scale error). Verification can be made by the outfitters I named above, the U.S. witnesses present when weighed, the weight of the butchered meat, the size of the rug when tanned and the skull measurements. So how about it? How strongly do you believe my son's bear won't make it past 350 lbs. as you stated in the "Big Game Forum"

I've added another pic here which might help you decide on whether or not to accept my wager. The bear on the extreme right is the one my grandson is helping to skin in the other photo which weighed just over 200 lb. The one on the extreme left and closest to the camera was around 350 lbs. The one in the middle is my son's 525 pounder. By the way your 350 pounders are pretty nice bears also. gg.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:58 PM

congrats!!! fine looking bears!!