Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 What do you say when someone does something stupid? >

What do you say when someone does something stupid?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

What do you say when someone does something stupid?

Old 08-28-2005, 03:17 PM

Default RE: What do you say when someone does something stupid?

Man some of you guys are jerks. This kid was just a beginner and he made a mistake. If it was your son what would you tell him," you idiot you shouldn't do that"! I don't think so. Now somebody's gonna say something like," I wouldn't let my son do that" but we al make mistakes yeesh just stop it.
Old 08-28-2005, 06:40 PM

Years ago when I was a novice hunter I hunted with a lot of guys and we did deer drives. Well one time I came out of the woods not exactly where I was supposed to and got jumped all over by one of the older hunters. That cured of of that type of hunting ( in fact when I think back, it was a wonder nobody got shot). Nowdays I hunt mostly by myself or with one or two buddies and have a great time. I'm just glad I didn't let someone's overly harsh criticism drive me away from the sport I enjoy so much.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:17 AM

Hemi/troutdude,

There definately are some jerks on this board, but don't pay any attention to them. They are either inexperieced, bored, ignorant, or just plain honry. I see no problem scouting with calls. I don't think it would be wise to call them into bow range and spook them though.

People need to lighten up around here. You know we have enough trouble from the anti's with out makeing trouble between our fellow hunters over whether public land is better than private, or whether a nonguided hunter is more macho than a guided hunt. Its all BS! Live and let live.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:10 AM

Couldn't agree more, Troutdudes. Experiences like that is how beginners become hooked to the sport. He'll probably remember that first time he called in those elk for the rest of his life. Get off his back.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:56 AM

I dont think that he's going to hurt anything if he calls during preseason. What will is if he jumps up and screams like a banshee and spooks them. The elk will just think that they stumbled across a human that was between themselvesand the elk that was calling.Coyotes are the same way, but if your really aware youll notice that even educated coyotes come to calls, they just learn that those wounded rabbits are usually accompanied by hunters, and they check things out really well and circle for scent before they go for the buffet, you can prove this by useing scent elimination when you call. Youll be able to go call coyotes in, in areas where the yotes are "educated".
Old 08-29-2005, 08:49 PM

shato, u want some cheese to go with that?
Old 08-30-2005, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: manboy

shato, u want some cheese to go with that?
Now we've heard from the bored and Honry.

Hey best of luck this season. I hope you kill a booner on public land without help from anyone else.