Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 R Guided & Private Land , Really Hunting???????????? >

R Guided & Private Land , Really Hunting????????????

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

R Guided & Private Land , Really Hunting????????????

Old 08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Spike

Default R Guided & Private Land , Really Hunting????????????

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I beleieve that hunting with Guides is not really Hunting!!!!!!!
Have a wake call and leading you all, day is not hunting!!!!!!!
It's just shooting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look over their!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Private Land Hunting for the most part is, we only have a few people that hunt here, or we've been raising this one over here, let me shake the FEED pan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoring Guided & Private Land harvested animals should not be allowed Boone Crockett or Pope & Young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or should they be a club that only excepts Non-Guided Public Land animals ONLY?????????????????

Bowedark
Old 08-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: R Guided & Private Land , Really Hunting????????????

Don't tell us! Tell them!

Old 08-26-2005, 07:37 PM

OK then, what if the law REQUIRES you to hire a guide or outfitter? Places like that exist,,,a guy who would rather save money and have a DIY hunt, but is required by state law to hire someone to be his guide.

Are you saying he's not a hunter because he's caught in the middle?
Old 08-26-2005, 08:07 PM

i would not hunt that area! just my .02
Old 08-26-2005, 08:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really manboy???

Ever wanted to hunt Grizzly, sheep or mountain goats in Alaska? Gotta hire a licensed guide or have a resident family member along with you.

Bowedark, would you restrict these people from entering their animals in B&C or P&Y?

I agree that hunting with guides is not hunting as our ancestors did it but no one is forcing any one to hunt this way but with a few exceptions for safety reasons.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know what hunting on private land has to do with anything. A game farm I can see why that may not be real hunting but many of us hunt on private land. In the unit where I hunt, there is no public land. I don't give a hang about the record books but for those who do, I can't see why just hunting private land should count against them. Hunting with a guide? Darn right thats still hunting.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:16 PM
Spike

Should they be Guide & Private Land animals in their own class of Boone and Crocket and P&Y. Or a class just for Non-Guided Public Land animals.
Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 PM

Bowedark,
IMO, your position is quite provincial and myopic. I would posit that hunting with a guide or hunting on private ground, either one, is still very muchhunting.

I would recommend that you consider getting out and further away from home, OR
Earning more disposable income, OR
Both, as.....

There is a whole world (literally) of hunting out there that cannot be effectively (or in some cases legally) accomplished without private land and/or guides.I regret thatyou appear to be in whatseems tobe "such a rut."
Old 08-27-2005, 12:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

What does private land have to do with anything??????? Where I hunt, in Upper Michigan, we have 200 acres of...ready for this....PRIVATE LAND!!! The thing about our land though, is that it is bordered by over 3,000 acres or state land without any access unless you care to parachute in. So you're telling me, that if I kill a buck on my land, then i'm not a hunter, but if I walk across onto the state land and kill that same buck, then I'm Daniel Boone in the flesh? I gotta say your position is completely without merit, not even taking into account the situations where a guide is a legal requirement. Before you got and make these preposterous statements about what is and what is not hunting, I would suggest you take a moment to reflect on what you position truly is.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

It sounds like the opinion of someone that does not have access to private land and can't afford to hire an outfitter and is jealous of those of us that can.

Quick Reply: R Guided & Private Land , Really Hunting????????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.