Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Bulls are a callin already!!!! >

Bulls are a callin already!!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bulls are a callin already!!!!

Old 08-20-2005, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Bulls are a callin already!!!!

Hemi
Thanks for the report 10 days till I leave.

[/align]
Old 08-20-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hemi,

Great report.....Yes please continue to keep us posted....
Old 08-20-2005, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, all of this talk about elk hunting is driving me mad!! 30 days until I go on my 9 day hunt!! Can't wait!! I will, however, go out tomorrow and do some scouting for my area. I will also get to go out around the 8th or so of September for my days off and check things out before I start my hunt on the 19th. Hopefully I will see something tomorrow and will have a report. I know my boss saw some bulls last week along the highway in my hunt area and he said they were starting to rub their velvet off. I have a cow muzzleloader tag!! Later.
Old 08-20-2005, 11:31 PM

My two head Wranglers on our Elk scouting trip!!
5 yr old daughter "Nevada" onmy old ropehorse and my 3 year old son"Colby" on my 3 yr old Colt I started a couple months ago.

Found 1 new rub and a good sized wallow being used right now! Will be riding solo tomorrow so I can cover a bunch more ground!

Old 08-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hemi - Good pic, and glad to see someone taking their kids out into the field!! I remember my dad dragging me along elk hunting when I was about 4 or 5 years old. He didn't care if he got one or not when I was with him, just glad to be I was with him!!! I was to scared from all of the bugles to know any better[8D]

BTW - Leaving here in a couple of hours for my scouting trip, will also through in a little trout fishing.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:32 AM

I loaded up the mountain bike yesterday afternoon and took it up to the mountains. Biked about 9 miles through the back country and didn't see jack squat. Got the shi* scared out of me by a couple of exploding grouse, but that was it. No rubs nothing. I ran down to the bike shop and purchased a rack and saddle bags for my bike, makes those long distance rides much more comfortable with food and drink and toys. Got some good pictures and and had a nice time.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from Ely. My dad was running late, so didn't get there until about noon or so. Didn't see any elk. I mainly went out to narrow down the huge area I have to hunt down a little bit. I have it narrowed down to a couple of more specific areas now. I will be going out again in a couple of weeks on my days off to spend the entire weekend there and do some hiking into the backcountry a little more as well. Also talked to a guy that was archery hunting for cows and saw a few. Had one cow at about 90 yards but couldn't get her any closer.
Old 08-22-2005, 11:42 AM

Hemi,

Great report. sounds like things are coming along good. Don't let that big horn get away! Have I mentioned that I'm envious as hell about your big horn hunt? 14 days until I fly out to your neck of the woods to chase those big buglin boys! Maybe this is the year I get a "booner"!
Old 08-26-2005, 09:38 PM

Shato...

5 days until the Bighorn hunt!!!!... starting to get jittery already just thinking about it!!! Couple of my best buddies will be along as well as another guy that has the BC Sheep Slam will be along to field judge. All four of his sheep are book rams and he took his California book ram from the same area I will be hunting. Will seem strange that I have the only tag of the year in this zone! The guides have a tag also but their hunt starts 10 days later.

where are you flying to hunt wapiti?