Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
Need advice about rangefinder >

Need advice about rangefinder

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

Need advice about rangefinder

Old 07-11-2023, 01:14 AM
Spike

Exclamation Need advice about rangefinder

Guys, there is a question. Interested in purchasing a rangefinder for hunting and tactical games. I am leaning towards some brand, but something tells me that its products, although of high quality, are a bit expensive. What do you think?
Old 07-11-2023, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leica, they just work, I have 2. have ranged a deer at 1210 yards with a Leica 1200.
Old 01-13-2024, 03:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

With range finders, you get what you pay for. The best ones are pricey. You set your own comfort level for investing in one.
Old 01-13-2024, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Deleted. didn't notice above posters reopened old topic from last year.

Last edited by CalHunter; 01-13-2024 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Same
Old 02-12-2024, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Sig Sauer and have ranged deer over 1000 yards and killed prairie dogs over 500 yards using the rangefinder. I had it over 6 yrs and still has the original battery.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Marina Foster
some brands may offer high-quality products at premium prices, there are also reputable brands that provide excellent performance at more affordable price points.Here are a few factors to consider when evaluating rangefinders:
  1. Accuracy: Look for a rangefinder with precise distance measurements, especially crucial for hunting or tactical applications where accuracy is paramount.
  2. Range: Consider the maximum range capability of the rangefinder, ensuring it meets your needs for both hunting and tactical use. Some rangefinders offer longer ranges, which can be beneficial for shooting at extended distances.
  3. Durability: Opt for a rugged and durable rangefinder that can withstand outdoor conditions, including water resistance and shockproof features.
  4. Ease of Use: Choose a rangefinder with user-friendly features and intuitive controls, allowing for quick and effortless operation in various scenarios.
  5. Additional Features: Evaluate additional features such as angle compensation, ballistic calculation, scan mode, and target prioritization, depending on your specific requirements.
  6. Brand Reputation: Research the reputation of the brand and read reviews from other users to gauge the overall quality and reliability of their rangefinders.
While premium brands like Leica, Swarovski, and Nikon offer top-of-the-line rangefinders, there are also reputable mid-range brands like Bushnell, Vortex, Sig Sauer, and Leupold that provide excellent performance at more affordable price points.
Your cut and paste does not help, anyone, I doubt you even know anything about what you are posting. STOP!!!!
Old 02-12-2024, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am using Muddy brand, It is fine for the distances I have the opportunity to shoot game. Unless you are shooting at great distances most of the mid level rangefinders will do just fine.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:57 PM
Dominant Buck

My Bushnell works well for my shooting.
Longest distance I ever killed a game animal was 227 yds.